XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Playing on superhuman: Impossible?

Greetings!

I am attempting my first "no reload" game on superhuman, and first try went down the hill when my saves got corrupted, but now i am playin fine, until:

1) I have infiltrations. I just cannot prevent them. Nobody knows how to stop infiltrations except one suggestion that if you destroy all ufos until they slow down at destination country, you can prevent it (you will have to down the first infiltrating scout each time). Wont work for me. I downed scout before it reached africa but then large came, supply came and terror came, all shot before they reached africa and then 2x battleships and voila. More than that, i loose one country per month!

I understand that this probably would not matter as long as i can demolish their bases, so they dont get alot of scoring, i will never sink below termination score, and laser canon money will keep me on balance, so i can survive with whole world infiltrated, actually... but here comes two:

2) I always shoot scouts on retaliation asap but seems that snakemen found me. I couldnt miss it since i have hyperwave decoders. Still it found me.

Problem is, very large appears and it reads "Alien retaliation, north africa". I have base in north africa. BUT! It is heading for the base in ASIA! They dont know earth geography do they? Well, I managed to defend it (it is easy since i have inpenetrable defense, well except if prolly etherial come and psicontrol everybody).

But the flag "base discovered send battleship" WONT RESET! Because battleships lands at the wrong base, i presume. I am getting a base defend mission against snakemen and crysalids EVERY ONE IN THREE OR TWO DAYS! This is insane.

The mission itself is piece of cake but it takes about half an hour to finish! And it will be again and again.

The fact that it happens every three days (or even faster) makes it impossible to shoot down the battleship! Because my avenger's technicans are not keeping up with repairs! From one to another battleship my avenger is only going up about 15 to 20% hp while it looses twice that or even more! I need like THREE avengers rotating one after another to down that battleship, and that would take about a month to build (i only have one now).

Since i didnt have base defenses ready (i thought i'll just defend them and that'd be ok), it would take me about 40 days to get up a minimal defense (fusion +grav shield + reloading until both salvos hit). That means, i either have to fast forward game a month and a half (using a "hack" to control the movement of aliens, but i CBA to restart game every two days to turn the hack on, pile bodies, turn the hack off, etc) or just spend some IRL days defending off those snakemen until i get that defense up or just give up my base (the only base i have that has labs).

Anybody ever encountered something like that? Is Xcomutil "iwin" button savegame-safe, meaning, it wont break my saves?

I found this the least gamechanging and annoying to do while i wait for my base defenses to go up:

added this to ufo extender's ini

--------------------------

[OBDATA.DAT]

Apply=1

LASER PISTOL Snap TUs=1

LASER PISTOL Auto TUs=1

LASER PISTOL Aimed TUs=1

LASER PISTOL Snap accuracy=200

LASER PISTOL Auto accuracy=1

LASER PISTOL Aimed accuracy=1

Laser Pistol Damage=200

Laser Pistol Damage Type=2

-----------------

now its not boring, its FUN. Autofire blaster launcher is very fun to watch :) And since i dont use pistols ever after getting rifles, i can continue playing as normal, using pistols only on base defense (which now takes no longer than 2 minutes, to blow the lift and angars somewhere out there....)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Greetings!

I am attempting my first "no reload" game on superhuman, and first try went down the hill when my saves got corrupted, but now i am playin fine, until:

1) I have infiltrations. I just cannot prevent them. Nobody knows how to stop infiltrations except one suggestion that if you destroy all ufos until they slow down at destination country, you can prevent it (you will have to down the first infiltrating scout each time). Wont work for me. I downed scout before it reached africa but then large came, supply came and terror came, all shot before they reached africa and then 2x battleships and voila. More than that, i loose one country per month!

I understand that this probably would not matter as long as i can demolish their bases, so they dont get alot of scoring, i will never sink below termination score, and laser canon money will keep me on balance, so i can survive with whole world infiltrated, actually... but here comes two:

2) I always shoot scouts on retaliation asap but seems that snakemen found me. I couldnt miss it since i have hyperwave decoders. Still it found me.

Problem is, very large appears and it reads "Alien retaliation, north africa". I have base in north africa. BUT! It is heading for the base in ASIA! They dont know earth geography do they? Well, I managed to defend it (it is easy since i have inpenetrable defense, well except if prolly etherial come and psicontrol everybody).

But the flag "base discovered send battleship" WONT RESET! Because battleships lands at the wrong base, i presume. I am getting a base defend mission against snakemen and crysalids EVERY ONE IN THREE OR TWO DAYS! This is insane.

The mission itself is piece of cake but it takes about half an hour to finish! And it will be again and again.

The fact that it happens every three days (or even faster) makes it impossible to shoot down the battleship! Because my avenger's technicans are not keeping up with repairs! From one to another battleship my avenger is only going up about 15 to 20% hp while it looses twice that or even more! I need like THREE avengers rotating one after another to down that battleship, and that would take about a month to build (i only have one now).

Since i didnt have base defenses ready (i thought i'll just defend them and that'd be ok), it would take me about 40 days to get up a minimal defense (fusion +grav shield + reloading until both salvos hit). That means, i either have to fast forward game a month and a half (using a "hack" to control the movement of aliens, but i CBA to restart game every two days to turn the hack on, pile bodies, turn the hack off, etc) or just spend some IRL days defending off those snakemen until i get that defense up or just give up my base (the only base i have that has labs).

Anybody ever encountered something like that? Is Xcomutil "iwin" button savegame-safe, meaning, it wont break my saves?

This is a common bug on superhuman.

Delete the missions.dat in your savegame and replace it with a fresh one from a brand new savegame.

also dont worry to give up ironman run ( no reload game )

I did it many times, and about 3-7 before I completed my first superhuman run

I suggest 3 save moments

- when skyranger is in enroute to mission ( in the geoscape ), this protects you from battlescape crashes

and if game crashes new mission will be generated each time ( new ufo / skyranger / buildings / aliens / ... placement )

- after succesful mission ( to protect from geoscape crashes ), you wont have to replay mission again

- and of course when quitting the game, after all, anyone must sleep from time to time :)

( or rather from ufo to ufo LOL )

yarrow

• 7 months later...

Look out for UFOs on abduction missions. In particular, watch out for the abductor UFO.

With the exception of June 1999 and July 1999 which is floater abductor season, you will usually find sectoids on the Abductors 50% of the time, with floaters the rest of the time. There will always be 1 leader on board.

- NKF