XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Tear Gas?

How about having tear gas, flashbangs and breaching charges? These things are quite effective to help you have few seconds more to kill that bug.

Tear gas in that poor grey's big cute eyes...Aww. Morlocks would just cough and satyrians and cloaks would be unharmed, they don't really need their organs anyway.

When effective it would reduce TU:s, accuracy, reactions, bravery and stamina.

Flashbangs have been around forums before. IMO it should take TU:s, reactions and accuracy from anyone that has LOS to the flash.

Breaching charges have been around too. This thing makes a hole by directed explosion. 3 meters behind you are perfectly safe, but on the wrong side of the wall you get all the nasty door/wall -pieces into your face. Makes physical damage in addition to stat changes if something happens to stand in the wrong place. Nothing like making a dramatic entrance through your own door!

All of these should have temporal effect on stats and stun a bit. Upgrades through research are a must.

what do you think smoke granades are? Arn't they tear gas?

breaching charges. Whats high exposives then?

flashbang have been discussed and agreed, AFAIK. I think it should reduce morale, accurecies, and they sometimes move in the wrong dirrection :P

I would like to see some sort of biological agent developed specifically for certain types of alien. Once the alien biology is researched, different biological weapons of this type should be able to be researched and developed into grenade form.

It doesn't have to be the same grenade for each type of alien, perhaps different substances would need to be researched. This would also give extra incentive to being able to listen in on alien chatter and knowing which aliens will be present on specific missions.

This is how anti-terrorist forces work now, using gases to overwhelm terrorists before risking casualties.

Edited by Aido

Well, the breaching charges and high explosives are NOT the same thing. I mean, you can make a hole in the wall with HE, but it's not dedicated purpose of that thing.

High explosives are, say, 2 kg of C4, inteded to blow up instalation, vehicles and, in some specific situations, even enemy troops.

Breaching charges are some 100 g of C2 intended for making hole in doors or thin wall with explosion of directional charge. Of course you can get some injuries if you stand too close, but it's not intended for that purpose.

Simply, you don't need to blow whole house wall to get inside. You can just make a hole.

I'm not sure if there should be breaching charges. Well, it would be nice. But there are many types of rapid access equipment in use. Breaching charges, door rams, crowbars and sledgehammers. Not mentioning more high tech devices - mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic or even pyrotechnic. Some kind of rapid access is obvious for anti - alien forces equipment.

Well, Smoke grenades are a completely different thing than tear gas. In army i used those both and tried some on myself. Even standard tear gas is quite nasty stuff i tell you. It burns eyes and lungs so you have to cough all the time and cannot see well because of all the water coming from your eyes. Really reduces combat effectiveness. Smoke 'nades don't even make you cough if you don't inhale directly (30cm) from exhaust.

Then breaching charges. My version would be shaped so that explosion is effectively directed. As Ekelmann described: with HevEx you cannot have a line of kneeling and aiming soldiers 5m from target wall. Standard tech would be mostly a curiosity as normal walls can be pierced easily and maybe these should not be implemented, but a UFO-fall penetrator would really be handy. This thingy would melt its target with xenium power and then blow that softened alloy wall away with relatively small charge. Shock troops follow.

Perhaps the mustard gas -'nade from JA2? :devillaugh: That was some hilarious stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
tear gas, mustard gas, and other biological agent are must have when on any mission and breaching charges are a good idea but if there to many aliens in a building just blow it up or collapse it on them or light it up. :flame:

We're assuming that these gas weapons would function against alien physiologies. (Unless the toxin is specifically designed for use against a certain alien type, as was suggested before)

We're also assuming that a breaching charge would be able to penetrate a solid door made of alien alloys. (A Xenium enhanced breaching charge would work wonders though.)

Yeah, nerve agents are basically SUPER HIGHLY concentrate bug spray. It wouldnt do alot of good perhaps if the alien physiology is not based upon the blue print of the carbon atom. Same with biologics. A researched toxin might be nice though if you capture a boss alien or something. Kinda Apocalypse (shudders) style.