XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Alumiun's Weapons

AlumiuN

Hi everyone

I've made a new weapon set (named after myself, I'll probably rename it later :) ). It currently takes most of its sprites from the UFO2000, Galactic and Napthethim sets, although some have been slightly modified. I'll probably also replace them later. Enjoy!

AlumiuN's Weapons - Beta 2

EDIT: Attached file for Sporb and others with Mediafire issues :)

weapons_alumiun_beta2.zip

Edited by AlumiuN

The modified versions look horrible art-wise. You might as well have left the original art. Perhaps try making it from scratch? Trust me, creating something is much more interesting than modifying the color/form. Sorry if this sounds rude. Edited by Kratos

Yeah, I know. I am definitely going to replace the sprites, they're just placeholders at the moment. I recolored them so that they at least looked slightly like the weapon they were supposed to be. :D I'll probably model them and then render the sprites (or just draw them based on the model).

Also, pay no attention to any of the sounds, they're all just semi-random sound numbers from the UFO cat files.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they conflict because of the Napalm Grenade - same damn name as the UFO2000 sets. I'll rename it for beta 3, by when I should have done all of the weapons, but not the art and sound. :)

EDIT: Yep, it was the grenade. It's now the Incendiary Grenade, which, IMO, sounds better anyway. :D Now to hope that the next version of the UFO2000 weapon set doesn't conflict.

Edited by AlumiuN