XCOMUFO & Xenocide

The Alien Starbase

Deathskull

Looks fine to me :)

I'm not a great fan of the TFTD underwater facilities but it looks like it's a big maze, with many connections between the individual maps. That's good, although you have to watch out the different combinations between maps possible or you might have unaccessible rooms in there.

One question: why do the first level on the last pic has doors that can only be opened, since they're blocked? Is that on purpose?

I realized that afteer i tested the map. I fixed the map file but i dont fell like posting an updated pic. I also added more elevators cuz you can get trapped inside the 4-way seection. You can also move through some of the diagonal walls in the hangar(the big map). The floor in the hanger also reduces lin of site to 1 square for some reason. I tested all this on ufo2000

The floor in the hanger also reduces lin of site to 1 square for some reason. I tested all this on ufo2000

You'll probably have to change the MCD entry for the ground tile to correct the line of sight in order to be able to see through the tile.

Can the map be played on TFTD or are you just going to use it on UFO2000?

• 2 weeks later...

can xcom1 alien bases be made to be 4 levels? If so how the usual alien stuff for levels 1 and 2 and make 3 and 4 outdoor stuff. Ditto for the xcom bases.

Doable? Workable?

As far as I know, it isn't possible to design 4 level bases to replace those in the game. The game seems to take the base maps and uses them to create the #2 and 3 levels, then just fills the levels 1 and 4 with earth to give the impression of it being buried underground.