21 replies to this topic

#1 Aosar

Aosar

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 12:27 PM

EDIT: PLEASE NOTE THE XENOCIDE NAMES HAVE NOT BEEN DETERMINED YET FOR EVERY ITEM OR UNIT IN THE GAME, REFERENCES TO NAMES WHICH ARE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF ATARI OR OTHER COMPANIES BY INDIVIDUAL PROJECT MEMBERS IS NOT CONDONED BY THE PROJECT AND THE PROJECT DOES NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUCH ACTIONS. INDIVIDUALS SHOULD REFER TO ENTRY NAMES AGREED TO BY THE PROJECT, AND IF SUCH A NAME DOES NOT YET EXIST THEY SHOULD USE A SUBSTITUTE IN [BRACKETS]. THANKS!

Since I have done what harm I can to the live Muton CT, I'll start violating the Muton autopsies instead. Fear not, I shall be tormenting you and the Mutons as soon as a final consept on the Mutons is reached.

But now, the firts bit of the Muton autopsy(sp?). I'll change it, but I'm a tad bit too tired at the moment...

"Right from the start is clear that the armor that the mutons
carry is crafted upon their bodies and is unremovable, whitout
drastic surgical proceedures. The suit infact acts as a second
skin to the mutons and second ears and eyes as well. The sensory
enchantments are both external devises and internal cybernetic
implants, working together in a effective symbiosis."

Edited by Breunor, 24 February 2004 - 09:24 AM.

-Aosar
-------------------------
Pardon the engrish,
I'm Finnish...
"No Worries!"

#2 fux0r666

fux0r666

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 12:29 PM

Rockin'!

Here I go an angry brother gonna make his move
But can I buck him in the city so I never lose?
See I'm a get him in the crowd with a couple heavies
And lay the barrel to the ground, hold the gat steady
And now I'm ready for my adversary, talk is cheap
I'm looking for a way to make a plan gonna keep it neat
So don't be telling me to get the non-violent spirit
'cause when I'm violent is the only time the devils hear it
'cause all I want to see is m****f***ing brains hanging

Posted Image

#3 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 01:11 PM

Umm, you might want to stay away from external devices until the awd has fleshed out the muton model. So if the muton model doesn't have any external mechanical devices while your ctd does, just guess what is going to get changed first... :)
I'm only partially inactive. :P I can still be reached at cpl.facehugger@gmail.com, and via PM. Preferably the former.

*Coming back? Avast! Facehugger, finish your assignments!*

Posted Image

#4 Aosar

Aosar

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 11:10 AM

I haven't made an entry in some time now, but school has taken some time and the rest of the time I have simply used to watch anime... ^_^ But I haven't stopped, I merely paused...

Here's what I got...

We now go into the wery belly of the "beast"...
"Further study of the Muton digestive system, gives us solid proof that they are carnivorious and need fresh raw meat frequently to stay healty. It is left to speculation what exactly causes this uncommonly high appetite, but the construction of the digestion would suggest that the Mutons could survive long perioids without any nourishment. This theory is supported by the fact that some Mutons suffer from slight malnourishment. It could be that the alien overlords cut the rations while the troops are in transport, or maybe those who are less effective on the field receve less food. Also the leaders of the unit might simply hoard most of the food to themselves."
-Aosar
Pardon the engrish,
I'm Finnish...
"No Worries!"

#5 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 01:10 PM

Add something about them perfering human meat to all other kinds of meat. Human, the other Red Meat! :D
I'm only partially inactive. :P I can still be reached at cpl.facehugger@gmail.com, and via PM. Preferably the former.

Posted Image

#6 Aosar

Aosar

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 01:40 PM

How about...

"After analyzing the chemical compounds and simple mechanics of the Muton digestion, it is ghastly apparrent that the Human meat is more than suitable as nourishment. In fact, if the data we cathered is accurate, Human flesh is the most suitable earthbound foodsource for the Mutons."

...does that sound ok?
-Aosar
Pardon the engrish,
I'm Finnish...
"No Worries!"

#7 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 03:39 PM

Nice, but you may want to change ghastly, it doesn't sound quite right...

Posted Image

#8 Cpt. Boxershorts

Cpt. Boxershorts

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 07:37 PM

How about:

After analyzing the chemical compounds and simple mechanics of the Muton digestion, the horrible truth has become apparent: Human flesh is the most suitable earthly foodsource for the Mutons.  If our data is correct, it seems likely that this ghastly trait was deliberately bred into these creatures.

-The Captain
"...you're always afraid you'll lose control and wake up some morning with a half-built time machine and a plan to go back in time and pants Hitler."
- A Miracle of Science

Posted Image

#9 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 07:44 PM

Much better! I like it! :>)

Posted Image

#10 Aosar

Aosar

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 07:54 AM

Nice! We might change "ghastly" into "unsettling," better?
-Aosar
Pardon the engrish,
I'm Finnish...
"No Worries!"

#11 Aosar

Aosar

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 01:27 AM

Hmm, just noticed that I posted the last update on this to the "live muton" thread.

Anyhow, here is what I got, if someone want's to take this up go ahead, I'm swamped with school stuff so I can't focus on it, sorry guys.

But I will try to come and mock your work from time to time... :naughty:

Attached Files

-Aosar
Pardon the engrish,
I'm Finnish...
"No Worries!"

#12 red knight

red knight

Xenocide Project Leader

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 05:18 AM

I would change this:

In fact with the reinforced bones the Mutons can teoretically lift roughly twice their own body weight. Even more with correct exercise.

to this:

In fact with the reinforced bones, even the weakest Mutons can lift roughly twice their own body weight. Far more with correct exercise.

Small suggested changes:

The Muton genome seems to be void of any tampering, or atleast none visible to our knowledge of genetic engineering

The Muton cardiovascular(sp?) system for instance relies entirely upon a cybernetic "heart" that allows a more efficient bloodflow and is less vulnerable than its organic counterpart.

The digestive and respitory systems has been augmented to by stand extreme conditions, it is belived that they can tolerate even highly toxic enviroments.

Very good job.

Greetings
Red Knight

Edited by red knight, 01 December 2003 - 05:19 AM.

Sourceforge Nick: flois - Federico Andres Lois
Visit my blog at: flois.blogspot.com

Posted Image

Pookie cover me, I am going in.

#13 Cartesian

Cartesian

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 06:24 AM

Taken Aosars work and edited for typos, grammar and plausibility.

Attached Files

#14 Judge_Deadd

Judge_Deadd

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 08:09 AM

...by the fact that some Mutons suffer from slight malnourishment while being perfectly healthy in all other respects.

Of course, you would need more than 1 Muton to find this out.
"This is why I love subtle humour, it's as dirty or as clean as the reader's own mind." -- Sinscale17

"Just imagine if you were really the XCOM commander. You'd build defence modules like there was no tomorrow. Because if you didn't, there really would be no tomorrow!" -- Aiki-Knight

#15 Cartesian

Cartesian

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 08:28 AM

sure, but dont you catch lots of mutons over the course of a game?

Feel free to edit it and make it better. ;)

#16 Breunor

Breunor

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 08:41 AM

Updated the asset list with the new entry.

#17 Puasonen

Puasonen

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:24 AM

sure, but dont you catch lots of mutons over the course of a game?
Feel free to edit it and make it better. ;)

J.D. has a point.
If you kill the only muton at landed very small ufo, you will get this info. How is it possible to know from one dead muton? Maybe it should be something you learn after researching a living muton.? I'm pretty impressed by that text so this is just a tiny -NotImportantAtAll- side notice.. I can't correct it because of my lack of english skills.

Edited by Nyyperoid, 01 December 2003 - 11:26 AM.

There's no need for a sig..

#18 Breunor

Breunor

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:29 AM

We can adjust the line to read something like, "While appearing to be in excellent physical health overall, the autopsy showed some symptoms of malnourishment due to a purely carnivorous diet. Only a total lack of vegetable-based nutrition would cause such symptoms to be evident."

Edit: We could even include 1 or 2 real symptoms of such a diet, something that would be evident during a thorough physical examination. Something scientific and reasonable of course, not 'extreme constipation', or 'poo that still goes moo'... :D

Edited by Breunor, 01 December 2003 - 11:32 AM.

#19 Cpt. Boxershorts

Cpt. Boxershorts

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:39 AM

I think the malnourishment comes from insufficiant food, not the the carnivourous diet. After all, pure carnivores on Earth don't go around suffering from malnourishment due to their diet...they get the vegetable-based vitamins second hand, through their prey.

-The Captian
"...you're always afraid you'll lose control and wake up some morning with a half-built time machine and a plan to go back in time and pants Hitler."
- A Miracle of Science

Posted Image

#20 Breunor

Breunor

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 02:53 PM

I see what he means now. Perhaps you could state that Mutons are ravenously lean, either due to a lack of food or as a motivator in battle. Additional research can determine if this slightly malnurished specimen is the exception or the norm.

#21 Cartesian

Cartesian

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 07:01 PM

changed the bit about food.

Edit: converted file to rtf format, please use rtf for future entries. -Breunor

Attached Files

Edited by Breunor, 02 December 2003 - 01:52 PM.

#22 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:49 PM

MORLOCK AUTOPSY
X-Net://Pegasus.net/Alien/Autopsies/Morlock

Right from the start, it is clear that the “armor” Morlocks carry is crafted upon their bodies and is irremovable without drastic surgical procedures. The suit, in fact, acts as a second armored skin to the Morlocks, complete with a second pair ears and eyes. The sensory attachments are both external electronic sensors and internal cybernetic implants, working together in an effective symbiosis.

Further study of the Morlock digestive system gives us solid proof that they are carnivorous and need to ingest fresh raw meat frequently to stay healthy. It is suggested that they may have a quick metabolism in order to facilitate rapid recovery from wounds in battle. The specimen is conspicuously lean with less than 3% of its body mass used in adipose tissues. Additional research can determine if this slightly malnourished specimen is the exception or the norm. It could be that the Star-Spawn cut the rations while the troops are in transport, or maybe those who are less effective in the field receive less food. Perhaps the leaders might simply hoard most of the food to themselves.

The Morlock bone-structure appears to be nano-mechanically reinforced to increase agility, hardness and to reduce stress on the skeleton. Small alterations have been noticed in the muscular tissue of the Morlocks, but apparently they are almost naturally strong. In fact, with their reinforced bones, the Morlocks can easily lift approximately twice their own body weight without any ill effects.

The Morlock genome seems void of any tampering, or at least none that our present understanding in genetic engineering can determine. The Morlock body however, has been drastically altered by means of cybernetic implants. Ranging from senses to internal organs, little of the Morlock body remains unmodified. The cardiovascular system, for instance, relies entirely upon a cybernetic heart, which is less vulnerable to small arms fire than an organic heart and allows blood to flow more efficiently. The digestive and respiratory systems have been augmented to withstand extreme environments.

In summary, the Morlock alterations have made an already formidable opponent a superb fighting machine capable of operation in almost any conceivable scenario. In fact, every cybernetic implant and surgical modification seems to have been designed in such a way as to maximize fighting capability. These creatures are clearly the shock troopers for the Alien horde.

“These things are tough. We went through five scalpels before we even broke the skin. You could shoot this thing with a .50 caliber machine gun until you turned blue and not even break the skin! God help anyone who gets in the way of one of these things…” -Medical Assistant Simon Brinks, immediately after the Morlock autopsy.