XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Human Slaves

I think I can officially say with great certainty, that there will be NO slavery of any kind in the game... I think you might be referring to wether the aliens could use mind control on civilians in the game? If you could find the thread, that would help put it in perspective. Any ideas regarding a change in civilian control during terror missions will likely be v1+, as that changes the mechanics of those missions a lot. There's been talk about being able to mind control them and move them away from danger, stun them and then allow aliens to attack them when they're found, and have armed civs help during a mission as a local police force for example.

I think this thread should be closed by a moderator and either moved to the lab or removed, thanks Mr. Mods.

You mean humans that are either controlled permanently which are maybe incubated by aliens because they were seen as a good weapon or have a device put on them during battlescape?...either way this is actually a very good v.1+ if anything else

I like the idea personally. The idea that a human can be permanently mind controlled is kinda scary. They would have to implant something in them or something.

Perhaps your MIA soldiers could show up later, but on the enemy's side! :LOL:

You played too much Starcraft methinks.

But I think it would actually be a good thing to implement. Seeing at least generic perma-MCed soldiers (if not your MIAs) would be fun.

Ah, the infested terrans bring back memories... :boohoo:

It almost sounds kinda Borg-ish, but that'd be kinda neat to see a "new alien race" that was basically just x-corp soldiers that had been MC'ed for life. We already know they do "abducter" missions, maybe they just take civvies and make them into their own little combat force. :unsure:

Infested terrans were fun! You could have them in terror sites perhaps, what better way to terrorize, than to send mutant humans out to kill humans? I mean when you show up, there's already several infested humans there, rather than chryssallids having to catch them. But these would have to be different than chryssallid types, since they'd convert after a while. Genetic mutation Bobs could be brought along, they have 2 heads, or even eyes in the back of their heads (no sneaking up on them!), anything that would make the average person panick. Of course aliens would be just as scary, but you can always make more muto-sapiens instead of your limited reaper/cyberdisk forces.

I think the idea of normal humans under aliend control is better than mutants. Though a few crysalid-subjects could already be present at the start. I still think it would be great to encounter a soldier that was MIA the day before on one of your terror missions.

"Oh no, its Fred and hes under alien control. Blast him!"

Even more fun, once they have your guy they learn who the officers are in that squad and target them first, cut the head from the snake.

I think we would all look very alike, and they wouldn't be able to distinguish enough between your soldiers to know the commander (unless he's wearing VERY flashy rank insignia :D ) Sort of like we see those sectoids... no wait, they WERE clones... let's say snakemen then, or gill men, they looked all the same to me :wink: Edited by j'ordos

I dunno, sometimes on a b-ship raid or base raid I swear I can just tell by looking at a given ugly that he's the SOB I'm looking for.

"Hmm...he's staring me down...I know he's got a reaction shot...Can I risk it and walk up to him with my stun rod? Well, I'm not very fond of this guy...Ok, here goes nothing...STEP STEP...ZAP...SCREAM........CRAP!" Abort, reload, try again... :happybanana:

A very offtopic comments, Do you all play the same type of games or I played way too much games? Cause I do played most of those mentioned in several threads... I love starcraft...

Greetings

Red Knight

Edited by red knight

I'm playing several, will PM you about it so we don't go off topic here...

A pain I know all too well :hammer: :D

EDIT : when facing human slaves, you should already get a serious morale penalty, if they target your higher rank soldiers too, you would have nothing left but a few panicing soldiers... :P

Edited by j'ordos

No, wait, I swear I was just hiding out in Tijuana for a few months!

Anyway, back to the topic...I vaguely remember this idea being discussed before, just to validate the Cap'n. Anyway, I think it'd be great. While it would technically make more sense for the aliens to take that MC'd civvie and convert her/his biomass into a big, fat chryssalid, it would add mucho flava to the game to have drooling, brainif-you-see-Keigh (but who is Keigh?)ed civilians running around, causing Trouble.

Another programming difficulty is making sure that a brainwashed civ doesn't show up as a hostile when your soldier gets a visual, but then it DOES show up after that civ has made a hostile action.

No, wait, I swear I was just hiding out in Tijuana for a few months!

*blam* *splat* Oops, sorry Fred.

Anyway, you are right Breunor, the civs would have to not show up as enemy automatically. They should be able to walk up to you in a casual way and then suddenly attack you.

Personally, I would rather have humans who know shoot my guys of their own free will and aren't controled into attacking my guys. Simaldeff had a good idea, when a country is controled, and you shoot down a ufo over that country, there would be hostile soldiers as well as the aliens that are normally there.

Or howabout, we have shadowy government agencies (mib) trying to impede your progress throughout the game? It would be like a 3 way war! Xcom vs. MIB vs. Aliens. A gigantic freeforall! :devillaugh:

Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

Guest Jim69
Do u mean agents from goverments that have signed treaties? Otherwise the goverments would be supporting u ne way and wouldn't be trying 2 impead ur progress.

Do u mean agents from goverments that have signed treaties? Otherwise the goverments would be supporting u ne way and wouldn't be trying 2 impead ur progress.

Ohh, sorry I should have been more clear. For simaldeffs idea, it was governments that had signed a pact and allied with aliens.

For the MiBs, I was thinking that they would be a faction hostile to both you and the aliens who would be there all the time. It's just a thought :idea:

I like the idea of "alien slaves" (agents of goverment who has signed a pact), who will join the aliens. The more cuntrys you lose, the more agents the alien gets (they doesnt replace the aliens, they come extra...). If the mission is in a lost cuntry, higher chance for agents to come by. Agents are wielding plasma weapons, but not blasters and launchers, but few are wielding rocket launchers. When you have lost cuntrys early in the game, they only have hunam gear.

Offtopic: alien base attack type: technology blueprints

aliens will try to get to either the labaratory, warehouse, or factury to steal weaponry. The stuff they steal are: Heavy/Auto cannon, Rocket launcher, laser pistol, laser riffle, heavy laser (they will carry laser weapons more then plasma weapons...If they get the blueprints, you will have trouble using plasma weaponry), granades (lower aliens, like navigators will now carry these instead), medikits, HWPs (if they steal those, they get 1 or more HWPs with them on missions!), proxy nades, flash nades, armor (if we use agents only: agents get that kind of armor). 1 alien can only carry 1 blueprint at a time: to lose a blueprint, the alien only needs to get back the the hangar/cargo lift.

That'd be kinda neat. I'm sure it would feel very gratifying to park your ship in South Africa(don't they always side with the aliens?) and show them what's up. "Oh, you're hand in hand with the aliens now, huh...ZAP...SCREAM...THUD..."

Meanwhile, funding from all other countries goes up. :D

A nice v1+ thing would be optional missions to liberate countries of alien infiltration;

you could, say, assault the capital or some other important, heavily defenced - ofcourse - base. Or multiple bases, both human and alien...

Crazy. Sounds cool, although maybe v1+. Assaulting New York to get the U.S. back on your side? You run through the streets, shooting up the MIBs of the now-hostile U.S. government, and half the civvies are also under alien control. Then, you get to the second half of the mission, the vast alien base that has been constructed under the streets of New York City...

I think aliens can use the captured humans in some more intelligent ways than send them die into battles.

They can for example control them and send them back making you believe they escaped from a prison (or a laboratory..).

Then when these humans are back into your base they can damage it from the inside, or they can spy you and report back to the aliens :devillaugh:

The only solution then is "free" them from alien control, in a medic center, or

blast 'em :uzzi: :alienlol:

Exio, i sure doubt that, unless the soldiers who got MIA can get back (while a few are mindcontroled spys).