XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xenocide Zombie Idea

Torgen

I can't post in the Workshop, since I'm not on the team, but how's this for an idea re: the gestation time for a Chrys egg in a human host?

There is X number of turns before the new Chrys emerges from its host. If the host (zombie) is shot before then, the "dead" body lies there until the "timer" is up, then the new Chrys comes out. (If the zombie isn't shot before the timer is up, it morphs into a Chrys on its own.)

So...

Do you leave that zombie body lying there, camp it waiting for the Chrys to come out, or do you try to move them all together to keep an eye on them? How lucky do you feel, since unless you *saw* the civilian get infected, you have no idea when the transformation will complete and you'll have a Chrys on your hands. :fingerscrossed:

Having to deal with that in a night time terror mission would really bring a new meaning to "terror"! OMFG

Edited by Torgen

Having to deal with that in a night time terror mission would really bring a new meaning to "terror"! OMFG

That's why I NEVER, EVER accept night missions! I always go to mission sites during the day ^_^. Clear view... No shadows, no surprises. Night missions are TOO much of a shock :Tantrum:

• 2 months later...

Ha ha har, ive your any thing like me then you hate chys. do what i do, ive you see one in a building, or near a civilian, then blow it to heck. Its more humain!!

Having to deal with that in a night time terror mission would really bring a new meaning to "terror"!   OMFG

That's why I NEVER, EVER accept night missions! I always go to mission sites during the day ^_^. Clear view... No shadows, no surprises. Night missions are TOO much of a shock :Tantrum:

• 3 months later...

I know this is kind of old but I am new here, had a similar idea and didn’t want to start a new thread.

In the turn they get infected the person (or alien with mind control) should panic or go berserk making them uncontrollable and have a slight zombie look, if you kill it an egg or cocoon will be left, it will hatch on the next turn or if you shoot it and a Chryssalid/Spawn will come out, if left till the next turn it will become a full zombie and the Chryssalid/Spawn will come out when shot or on the next turn.

• 6 months later...

I had a similar Idea, I posted it in the "how to make chryssalids worse" topic

Edit: Erm, I also mentioned that armor reduces the probability of getting zombified, depending on what kind of armor too.

BEST IDEA EVER ==> When someone gets zombified they are themselves for a while, your soldiers are still yours, and if they are wearing armor, you have absolutely no clue when they are going to hatch, if ever. That would be reaaly good, since it reaaly confuses the player. Same goes for civies, but they never survive. Wether or not you're zombified, you lose some health, accuracy and TUs just like usual. How long before the Crys hatches? Simple, take the max (lets say 6) take a random # between 1 and MAX then take a random # between 1 and that #. This gives you a nice slope that makes each consecutive # of turns before hatching more and more rare, 1/36 chance of 6 turns.

I don't know if this happened in UFO or not, but since losing squadmates killed the alien team's morale, gaining mates (via chryssalids) should increase it.

Edited by Brick-To-Face