XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Editor Not Working

Guest Awi

I'm running the Clark Wehyr editor, but it doesn't want to start, even tought the install file has been run. I'm using the collectors edition (UFO defense, BTW) an I'm running it under XP.

HELP?!

In my experience, under XP the clarkwehr editor freaks out if you touch the mouse while its running...since most people use the mouse to start the program, well... =p

Best to just open a command window and run it from there...use the keyboard to operate the program...its really designed that way anyhow...

Its a good savegame editor, but remember that it doesn't properly implement radars (HWD is ok, tho)

Grommet

• 2 weeks later...

The editor is fine with the mouse. Just don't move the mouse pointer inside the command shell, otherwise it will crash. Don't like this? Use DOSBox. Runs fine under a pure DOS environment. :wink1:

- Zombie

• 5 years later...

Have you tried running it in Dosbox? Beyond that, this is quite an ancient editor now that you'll find most of the functions that are in it are replicated in other editors.

Ooh, there's an ancient spambot message here. I'll send that to its allien-containment-ey doom.

- NKF

Edited by NKF