9 replies to this topic

#1 Jezzzter

Jezzzter

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 07:25 PM

i have been wanting a remake of x-com for years! how did i not see this place?

now i know its not a real remake, but dammit, its what i've been wanting for a while. same old x-com new graphics sound.

i love everyone who is working on this project.

if i had money i'd donate to help. heck i'd help anyway, but as i dont have any programming skills or art skills i cant really help in that sort of way. i have writing skills but no degrees but then again this is x-com, it has a story already.

i dont know where im going with this, so il just repeate.

i love you all for doing this. and if i get some money that i can part with, you will have some donations.

#2 stewart

stewart

Programming Department

• [Xenocide Senior Members]
  • 10,528 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:48 AM

CTD perhaps? Check it out.
Posted Image
I'm starting to like the heavy cannon more and more.

#3 Jezzzter

Jezzzter

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 06:28 PM

demo? damn right i did. it kicks donkey so far. i love the world view and how the sun shines in north of the equator more during summer months. wasn't much more left really to see. the base was ok i guess, couldn't really tell, i'll have to wait for the texures. but i do like how i could circle around and see the different angles of the rooms and facilities. the weapons are looking good from what i've seen in the pictures.

thouygh the aleins look a bit weird, they still look like the xcom enemies, which is a good thing. as much as i like so far, i dont want it to be an x-com wannabe. or something like that, you know what i mean.

i have high hopes and will spread the word to all my frineds about x-com and xenocide

#4 nopoet406

nopoet406

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:53 PM

We love you too.

#5 Kratos

Kratos

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:07 PM

don't spam nopoet

#6 stewart

stewart

Programming Department

• 10,528 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:14 PM

especially when there's a spamming rave comming up.
Posted Image
I'm starting to like the heavy cannon more and more.

#7 dipstick

dipstick

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:57 AM

Riiiiight then.

Moved to the Patio.

edit by Azrael: moved back, this thread is about Xenocide, one spammer is no reason to move it from Xenocide Forums

Edit by Stewart, Azraels action seconded.

Edited by stewart, 18 April 2006 - 10:50 AM.

Posted Image

#8 duder78

duder78

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:45 AM

I found out about xenocide through the x-com entries on wikipedia about 2 weeks ago. Looks fantastic so far.

Edited by duder78, 18 April 2006 - 10:46 AM.

#9 doffeh

doffeh

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:31 PM

Ooh, I just came here. Though I remember long ago, seing a trial/beta like thingy of the geoscape screen, and I cried deep inside since it was just that at that moment, now I am here again, and downloading. After finding, UFO-Aftermath and UFO-Aftershock disapointing, I place my hope here. Though UFO-Afterlight is on its way, I don't like its discription, im sure those who have seen it, will agree with me on that, defending earth from aliens feel more right than defending a colony on mars =/ Oh well!
Here I am! Welcome me as well =L
I know the old classic Enemy unknown, or ufo defense in and out.
Perhaps so in and out its sad =(
Oh well, no life like a nolife ! =D

So uhm, does this project, have any need for anyone that uhm, can't code, design, animate, draw concept art or.. ... ...

Edited by doffeh, 04 June 2006 - 08:15 AM.

#10 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:39 AM

Could whipp up my guitar and the effect processor though.
But its so many guitarnerds out there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to Project Xenocide doffeh!
Well, you could give it a try, we are always in need for sound designers. I recommend you read the starting guide for SND in the Wiki. Build a few tracks or SFX and send them to redknight@projectxenocide.com, together with a short application letter.
If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me any time.

Best regards

Mad
Keep smiling while dying

Of course I have gone mad with power! It would be completely ridiculous to go mad without power!
And no, this is not a quote from the Simpson's movie, I want it on paper, that I actually wrote that quite some time before the movie came out.

Posted Image