XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Autosell, Autosell, Autosell

The ET version already have that :D

It's going to be a must, even for the FIRST release of Xenocide...

What I'd like is an AUTOBUY button, so we don't get those "Not enough equipment to equip squad" &%*)($%/!! messages!!

(Or at LEAST, tell us WHAT is missing...)

Nice idea on the autobuy. I hate running out od missiles for the interceptors :cussing:

Well, I don't see missiles much after may-july at the latest... it's the HC, AC or RL amno that bothers me, as we never know what's missing when we're told what's missing to reequip the craft... perhaps if they'd tell us beforehand that we don't have enough amno for next time...

:idea:

• 6 months later...

Here's a suggestion. Place a check-box on the side of items in the inventory listing screen.

When set, the AI quartermaster (your stock manager) automatically ensures that the checked items will always be at the stock level that you specified (can be adjusted after it has been set - actions are taken only at the end of each day).

If you have more items, the items are sold, if you have less, items are produced or purchased to always keep the stock level at the desired level - assuming there are sufficient funds and resources.

This will basically fulfil your auto-sell and auto-buy requirements. You could also have the option to break surplus equipment into their component elements as an additional option (i.e. click twice on the checkbox to set it, third time to 'unmanage' the stock level).

- NKF

Edited by NKF

• 1 month later...
hmmm.... but what about if you have to autobuy stuff you must make in your workshops? You would need to divert engineers to the new project. What if there are no engineers free?

It gets put into the product build queue.

edit:

Assuming of course you haven't set it to a production 'loop', in which case you'd have to manually stop it - or unless the game comes with more options and assigns 'priority' settings so that a production batches/loops can be overidden temporarily for more pressing needs, such as fulfilling the stock requirements.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

With an autobuyer, it would be a good idea to set a maximum upper and minimum lower budget, so it cannot spend more than x, but will preferably spend more than y.

Setting engineers in a loop would be ideal for maximizing the potential of auto sell. Having also set both stores inventory and transport inventory caps would also keep any idle engineers busy meeting those requirements.

I agree that, in the begining what might be needed to is to maintain a dollar amount to protect and maximize the use of current budget trends. If not set by the player, the engineer mechanics, no matter how we've stipulated their work habits, should take your debts into consideration - for all your assets before working.

If caps are met at the time, they should work on the cheapest producable item that makes a profit until you've changed them to work on something else for their loop. The ability to also have multiple projects running however can minimize this micromanagement.

Edited by Snakeman