XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xcom Windowed Mode Work 100%.

Guest xcom05

Ok so how do I window CE while using Seb's loader? I can window it without Seb's, but not with?

Assuming you're running Windows XP you should be able to use Seb's loader with D3DWindower. All you have to do is set up your UFO.exe file in D3DWindower, like you normally would.. Then you run Sebs loader while you have the UFO.exe "activated". Since Sebs loader is basically just a batch file which indirectly runs UFO.exe, this should work. At least, it used to work for me. Unfortunately, I am on Windows7 right now so I can't test this myself.

Oh, and, it doesn't work on Windows 7. Never tested Vista.

In response to Thestoo.. I am going to try your method. I'll let you know what my results are.

Update: I ran DxWind.. It works well for getting the game itself to work on Windows7. But, I can do that just as well with D3DWindower. Problem I am running into is getting Sebs loader to work along with it. Anyone figured out why after running Sebsloader Windows7 conveniently forgets all of the settings and tries to run the game fullscreen so it crashes?

Update #2: HAHAHAH.. I love you, too.

So, after deciding I probably wasn't going to get Sebs loader to work with X-Com, I decided to just play x-com without the mods... But, guess what? It worked. I ran the normal exe file (UFO Defense.exe) through DxWind, AFTER having already run Sebs loader a few times. Apparently Sebs loaders settings actually stuck!

I'm not sure how to explain this to others... But, I'll try to break it down:

1. Install X-COM

2. Install Moks mod.

3. Install Sebs Loader

4. Install DxWind as described above

5. Run DxWind

6. Apply the DxWind settings to "UFO Defense.exe"

7. Run game to verify it works.

8. Quit Game

9. Apply DxWind Settings to "UFO loader" (the Sebs Loader application)

10. Run "UFO Loader" through DxWind.. It will probably not work.

11. Run DxWind again and "Run" "UFO Defense.exe" through DxWind

12. Check and see if your SebsLoader is running by going to "Equip craft" and "Soldiers".. If you see the arrow keys allowing you to rearrange the location of your soldiers; this worked.

Update #3:

I just experienced a crash. To be more precise, the game "Stopped responding". I'll keep testing. Maybe this was a fluke.

Hi,

I think it would have worked from the beginning with DxWnd only, there is no way the loader could have side effects after being disabled...

Also with the loader, you can try the "D3D Windowed" option (without DXWnd of course).

Cheers,

Seb76

Ok so how do I window CE while using Seb's loader? I can window it without Seb's, but not with?

Assuming you're running Windows XP you should be able to use Seb's loader with D3DWindower. All you have to do is set up your UFO.exe file in D3DWindower, like you normally would.. Then you run Sebs loader while you have the UFO.exe "activated". Since Sebs loader is basically just a batch file which indirectly runs UFO.exe, this should work. At least, it used to work for me. Unfortunately, I am on Windows7 right now so I can't test this myself.

Oh, and, it doesn't work on Windows 7. Never tested Vista.

In response to Thestoo.. I am going to try your method. I'll let you know what my results are.

Update: I ran DxWind.. It works well for getting the game itself to work on Windows7. But, I can do that just as well with D3DWindower. Problem I am running into is getting Sebs loader to work along with it. Anyone figured out why after running Sebsloader Windows7 conveniently forgets all of the settings and tries to run the game fullscreen so it crashes?

Update #2: HAHAHAH.. I love you, too.

So, after deciding I probably wasn't going to get Sebs loader to work with X-Com, I decided to just play x-com without the mods... But, guess what? It worked. I ran the normal exe file (UFO Defense.exe) through DxWind, AFTER having already run Sebs loader a few times. Apparently Sebs loaders settings actually stuck!

I'm not sure how to explain this to others... But, I'll try to break it down:

1. Install X-COM

2. Install Moks mod.

3. Install Sebs Loader

4. Install DxWind as described above

5. Run DxWind

6. Apply the DxWind settings to "UFO Defense.exe"

7. Run game to verify it works.

8. Quit Game

9. Apply DxWind Settings to "UFO loader" (the Sebs Loader application)

10. Run "UFO Loader" through DxWind.. It will probably not work.

11. Run DxWind again and "Run" "UFO Defense.exe" through DxWind

12. Check and see if your SebsLoader is running by going to "Equip craft" and "Soldiers".. If you see the arrow keys allowing you to rearrange the location of your soldiers; this worked.

Update #3:

I just experienced a crash. To be more precise, the game "Stopped responding". I'll keep testing. Maybe this was a fluke.

Hi,

I think it would have worked from the beginning with DxWnd only, there is no way the loader could have side effects after being disabled...

Also with the loader, you can try the "D3D Windowed" option (without DXWnd of course).

Cheers,

Seb76

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, but I assure you, the loaders settings "stuck"... And trying to run UFO Loader.bat through DxWind or D3DWindower simply does not work for me on Windows7.

By "they stuck", I mean, after running UFOLoader.bat, and then running UFO Defense.exe, the loaders settings are applied, without having to run the game through the loader, itself.

Also, another update concerning this DxWind: The mouse is VERY sticky for some reason. It's making gameplay very irritating. I tried applying the mouse option to setup the game, and it doesn't seem like it helped very much. (Although maybe slightly).

Scrolling is a pain.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, but I assure you, the loaders settings "stuck"... And trying to run UFO Loader.bat through DxWind or D3DWindower simply does not work for me on Windows7.

By "they stuck", I mean, after running UFOLoader.bat, and then running UFO Defense.exe, the loaders settings are applied, without having to run the game through the loader, itself.

Also, another update concerning this DxWind: The mouse is VERY sticky for some reason. It's making gameplay very irritating. I tried applying the mouse option to setup the game, and it doesn't seem like it helped very much. (Although maybe slightly).

Scrolling is a pain.

You mean you get the "All your base are belong to us" message even when you're not starting with the loader? Did you try the D3D Windowed option without DXWnd or D3DWindower? I know some people have it working on Win7 64bit

Seb

Scrolling is a pain.

You mean you get the "All your base are belong to us" message even when you're not starting with the loader? Did you try the D3D Windowed option without DXWnd or D3DWindower? I know some people have it working on Win7 64bit

Seb

Trying it now..

How do I set the size of the window?

D3D=1

D3D Windowed=1

Scale Mouse=1

Screen Ratio=0.833333

No Auto Wake Up=0

Alien Bleeding=1

No Alien Freak Out Messages=0

Max FPS=0

D3D Window Position=388 328 588 648

I assume it's window position? How would I make the size 640x480 or 800x600?

Nevermind. I figured it out..

For anyone else trying to do this:

Screen Ratio=1.0

D3D Window Position=D3D Window Position=100 300 700 1100

That's for 800x600

For 640x480 it would be 100 300 580 940 I think.

Edited by EtherImp