XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Alien Needs

Since the CTD department knows every little detail about the mythos of the Xcom and now Xeno universe I thought I would come to you for a little help. I am currently in charge of the AI Design Document for ProjectXenocide and I am looking into what needs the aliens have in their conquest of Earth. If you could post everything you think that the aliens would require for their mission and where they would get it ACCORDING TO THE CTD, I'll sort through it and see what could be implemented into the gameplay. Thanks guys! Edited by JakeDrake

Ok I guess I was a little ambiguous. After reading the Alien Goal CTD (written by you I noticed :D ), I can better describe what I need. According to the CTD I assume the Overmind travels from civilization to civilization, assimilating all those that will augment its abilities to further assimilate another race. That being said, we know that the overmind is at Cydonia on Mars. So the aliens are nomadic, and so must gather the resources needed to mount these wars locally. My question is what are these resources and where do they come from? The most important resource is energy, which comes from Xenium, as we all know. Then there is food to feed the troops, which apparently is human flesh (?) and cow meat. Is there anything else that the aliens need to mine, produce, steal, etc. in order to function? If there is nothign else thats fine I'm just double checking.

Well, what Aliens use the most is Alien Alloys also, the Alloys come from the creatures Ventriculants. They could've brought the Xenium from whereva they gather it from, maybe lightyears away (they brought a lot :)), for minerals, metals and the like, they could be gathered from Mars itself or from other planets, even from the asteroid belt.

You mean the silabrate right? I just read the CTD about it, sounds good. Definitely a consideration I need to make that I wasn't before. Thanks for the help, if anyone thinks of anything else could you just post it here or PM me if it has been a really long time. Thanks.

[quote name='JakeDrake' date='Dec 14 2004, 04:24 PM']You mean the silabrate right?  I just read the CTD about it, sounds good.  Definitely a consideration I need to make that I wasn't before.  Thanks for the help, if anyone thinks of anything else could you just post it here or PM me if it has been a really long time.  Thanks.
[right][post="102561"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Ooops :OhBrother: , you're right, the Silabrates :Brickwall:

I'm not sure if you could use this or not, but Alien Reproduction may affect the AI somehow, I'm not sure but that's your thing :P .
Read Ventriculant to see if it provides something you can use, since the Aliens use them to clone themselves.
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2724"]http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2724[/url]

Thanks m8,
I have already taken the cloning process into account with the Food resource, which kill two birds with one stone (cloning and sustenance), but thanks for thinking of me :pink:

haha

Soon I'll have the second part of the Doc out and you can see how your help affected it :)