Editor Not Working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Awi_*

Guest_Awi_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:46 PM

I'm running the Clark Wehyr editor, but it doesn't want to start, even tought the install file has been run. I'm using the collectors edition (UFO defense, BTW) an I'm running it under XP.

HELP?!

#2 grommet

grommet

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:15 PM

In my experience, under XP the clarkwehr editor freaks out if you touch the mouse while its running...since most people use the mouse to start the program, well... =p

Best to just open a command window and run it from there...use the keyboard to operate the program...its really designed that way anyhow...

Its a good savegame editor, but remember that it doesn't properly implement radars (HWD is ok, tho)

Grommet

#3 Zombie

Zombie

Colonel

• Xenocide Creative-Text Departmen
  • 2,947 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:00 AM

The editor is fine with the mouse. Just don't move the mouse pointer inside the command shell, otherwise it will crash. Don't like this? Use DOSBox. Runs fine under a pure DOS environment. :wink1:

- Zombie
The Mr. Grognard of X-COM

Zombie: Empirical data's your only man, when formulating a research plan.
A soldier's death is never in vain if it makes the formula more plain.
A few dozen make a better case for refining that third decimal place.
They call me Zombie because I don't sleep, as I slowly struggle to climb this heap,
of corpses, data points, and trials, but from the top - I'll see for miles!

#4 Longshot

Longshot

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

I was able to use this in the past on an old XP machine, but all I've got now are Windows 7 rigs... I guess I've got no hope on this front now?

#5 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

Have you tried running it in Dosbox? Beyond that, this is quite an ancient editor now that you'll find most of the functions that are in it are replicated in other editors.

Ooh, there's an ancient spambot message here. I'll send that to its allien-containment-ey doom.

- NKF

Edited by NKF, 28 June 2012 - 11:34 PM.

Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1