6 replies to this topic

#1 tgfx

tgfx

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:55 AM

-_- Can you edit the soldier equipment screen and the soldier animations when they walk on the map?

#2 SupSuper

SupSuper

Programming Department

• Xenocide Programming Department
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 02:08 PM

to edit soldiers on equipment screen use XCView. graphics located in TFTD\UFOGRAPH\MAN_*.SPK
to edit soldier animations use PckView. graphics located in TFTD\UNITS\XCOM_*.PCK
both programs need .net framework.

too bad, now you will never know the ancient secrets of supsupers long gone avatar ;)

Posted Image

#3 juroez

juroez

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:46 PM

1. any way to reveal all alien colonies?
2. what does all the saved files represent? its obvious for base.dat and soldiers.dat, but what abt the rest?

tks in advance

#4 tgfx

tgfx

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:01 AM

Thank you I got that and I am now editing the backgrounds.... I'll do a post soon... :devillaugh:

#5 tgfx

tgfx

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:36 PM

what type of program do you guys use to edit this thing. I use Adobe photoshop but i cannot export it in the right format. When i try to export it into bmp and then using xcview it comes out all @#$ed up.
Should i be using paint? I seems to work there.

#6 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 12:48 AM

you have to use the same pallete xcom2 uses, otherwise it won't work.

juroez : I know of no program that can reveal all colonies, sorry. About the save files, perhaps someone more familiar with the data files, like NKF, Stewart or STJones can help you :) .

Edited by j'ordos, 30 June 2004 - 12:50 AM.

"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#7 SupSuper

SupSuper

Programming Department

• Xenocide Programming Department
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:25 AM

what type of program do you guys use to edit this thing. I use Adobe photoshop but i cannot export it in the right format. When i try to export it into bmp and then using xcview it comes out all @#$ed up.
Should i be using paint? I seems to work there.

i believe that's because paint is the only program that saves in 256 color BMP. ufo/tftd use limited color palletes, so if you use colors that aren't in said palletes they come out weird.
basically, either use paint or some other program which doesn't change the pallete. for example, opening the BMP and then editing it should work (instead of doing some image and saving it in BMP format).

too bad, now you will never know the ancient secrets of supsupers long gone avatar ;)

Posted Image