XCOMUFO & Xenocide

The Hwp Factory

Hobbes

Hey all

I've completed a 40x40 building that can be played in UFO using Scott Jones' XComUtil.

You can see a picture of it here and there's also some combat screenshots here.

You'll need XComUtil's latest version (9.60 Beta) to run it since it has the specific features created by Scott to use Large Buildings. You can download XComUtil here.

To download the HWP simply go to my Area 51 page (link on the sig). Have fun :)

Edited by Hobbes

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see that in UFO2k, reminds me of the ol' Skyranger Factory, which I have to say was very good. Kudos on both of 'em.

Also, I suggest you try adapting the "Hive" map things to UFO2000, that would work nicely for a hide-and-go-seek type game.

I'd like to see that in UFO2k, reminds me of the ol' Skyranger Factory, which I have to say was very good. Kudos on both of 'em.

Also, I suggest you try adapting the "Hive" map things to UFO2000, that would work nicely for a hide-and-go-seek type game.

Thanks. The problem with the Hive (and it seems also with the Skyranger Factory) is the fact that it is too complex and the game starts turning boring after a while just walking around and trying to find the other team. Plus, the use of explosives usually makes the higher levels unusable.

That happens... I suppose if you made some open areas then it'd be pretty cool for Hold and such. It's not that hard to find people on the Factory, IMO, you just have to get a good guess as to where the enemy is.

Well, I have only completed one fight so far on Deathmatch and it took a while before rockets started falling on my head and blowing my squad into bits. I think it also depends on your style of playing, if you like moving around to get into position or if you want to jump right into the gunfight.

I hope the new 60x60 map that I am designing will allow for more quick fights. For one thing there are only two routes possible for both players, which might turn it more exciting to play.