XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Tech Tree V1+

Puasonen

I was just playing tftd and started thinking about the tech tree.

I like how you need to research all kind of live aliens to get stuff in tftd even though it's carried out badly in it. I mean, gillman corpse to get the drill? What the heck is that all about? And getting aqua plastics from deep one corpse? Ion armour and MC lab from deep one?!! Well anyways, with a little grinding we could make an excellent research tree. (too bad "the big guys" decided to have exactly the same research tree in v1.0 as in original)

How can we make capturing living aliens usefull without making the tree stupid (like drill from a gillman)? Ideas?

I think you should need to have more than one commander and few leaders to collect the pieces of information of the final mission for example. That would be cool. And maybe you should have some living aliens to tell you how to use their weapon, just researching the weapon wouldn't be enough! Or you could use the weapon by researching it but for effective use for it, you would need some "lessons" from a living alien :D Something like this, what do you think?

Well, you already need Sectoid leader/commander or etherial for psi, that's a pretty well thought out one, just like the HWD you get by interrogating a navigator.

But other possibilities could be: floater and/or cyberdisk needed for flying suit, sectopod and/or cyberdisk for Plasma Cannon, navigator for power source, which in turn will give power armor, and alien navigation which in turn will give HWD.

Well, you could say that decision is 'bad', but in the end it'll only make it a little easier for Xenocidev1 to get finished earlier, which is a good thing IMHO :rock:

Well, you could say that decision is 'bad', but in the end it'll only make it a little easier for Xenocidev1 to get finished earlier, which is a good thing IMHO :rock:

Excellent point.. -_-

I like your ideas! I'll dig up the original tech tree from some strategy guide and turn it to an easily editable format so we can start playing with it. Might take few days though.. :D