XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Have you ever had a BattleShip?

keybounce

Ah, I saw that happen once. Game was getting glitchy, and after resuming in the Geoscape after a sudden battlescape crash, I had one of the battleships that was in the air before the missions suddenly under my command. Actually got to order it to move it once, but the game crashed when I told it to return to base. Never did think to save that game - it was quite amusing at the time.

Keep an eye out for other glitch gems like the Medic cannon in TFTD, which took Ajax launchers as ammo. UFO might have had a similar equivalent.

- NKF

So in a recent game ...

You know, I never got it why X-Com didn't keep the alien ships for themselves. Such a waste to disassemble all these beautiful dreadnaughts.

So true <_< .

Maybe the controls are such that only a native of the species can uses it.

Maybe the air force is worried that taking an alien ship and sticking an air force label won't protect from booby traps.

How I got it:

1. Have an alien Bship approach a base to kill it.

2. Dismantle the base.

3. Have another ship in the area.

4. BShip will approach the zone, and then sit still.

5. If you order your ship to move somewhere, the BShip will pick up the same way point.

6. Attempting to do anything with the bship gave a crash. Moving my ship out of the area, and letting the bship go away, seemed to work.

6. Despite it looking like it was ok, by the end of the month everything was crashing.

Worse, I was seeing "Alien retaliation - Central Asia", followed by direct bee lines for each other base of mine all over the world.

7. Fortunately, the last save is always the end of the previous month, and the first save is always right at the start of the current month, so I was able to back up and recover.