XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com Dreams!

Judge_Deadd

Last night I had a dream...

I was playing X-Com Apocalypse, and suddenly my rookie (he was completely alone!) faced 8 Ethereals (don't ask me how did they get there...) He quickly threw a grenade and killed 2 of them. End of turn. Ethereal shoots, but misses. All other miss too! (And they didn't even try to use their psychic powers!) My turn: I kill 4 ethereals with my pistol... Alien turn: One of the ethereals goes berserk (?!) and kills the other one, my rookie reacts and shoots the last Ethereal... I won, and my rookie didn't even get hurt :P

The ethereals were unusually big by the way, they occupied a 2x2x2 space :P

I told it some time ago in some other section, but here it is.

I was going to church and then I saw two flying sauces (or better said, to wheel dishes LOL) in the sky, then I remembered the newspapers about the arrival of the ETs and the worries about it around the world, however it was not a big concern, just some kind of amusement about if they could be near some film alien. They had been pacific, they just were flying around there quietly.

Continuing with my way, I saw in the opposite side three aliens: two tall grays and one legged floater. When I saw their appearance I thought "this is not good, those are bad people" This was 14:00-15:00

Our president, so Bambi and so voidworded, had invited them to talks and they were going to have a reunion with him. He said he would leave them use some military bases. "This is veeeery bad". 17:00

Our president was saying "dialogue, dialogue, dialogue...", it was a defective disk (those ols music disks): the president had run away in panic and left one of those to tell population be quiet. By the way, Zapatero hadn't runb to a hideout, he just went to a tavern to have some beers with his friends. 20:00

And at 21:00 war began in Spain, in the balcony of a friend of my brother I saw the arrival of some squadrons of UFOs, shooting everywhere, one of them made a low, VERY low fly and shot to the ceiling of the balcony.

Then I got tired of all that and took my heavy plasma and started to share some of its energy with the aliens.

Another one is that I had a plague of crocoaches-chryssalids in my home, so we all got the heavy plasmas and started to hunt them

Edited by Admiral Harkov

• 2 weeks later...

One day during Spring Break 2004, I was at home with nothing to do, so I played X-COM: UFO Defense non-stop the entire day. This covered more than one game, of course.

That night, I had a dream that I was just sitting there, playing X-COM. The way I saw it was not through my own eyes, looking at the screen, but rather in the dream I only saw the screen itself. It was quite awesome, though, since I was controlling exactly where my troops moved and all. I would really like to have more of those types of dreams.

On July 13, I posted about a dream I had on the XTC Forums. This is how it went:

I was at a friend's place and he wanted to show me this new game on his computer. I had a quick glance and saw that it was a new version of UFO! It had a single soldier in the lower-right corner of the screen, standing in a jungle terrain next to a huge boulder. It was very high-res, with really high-detailed, realistic-looking textures, and fancy lighting beaming through the trees. Unfortunately, I woke up so I didn't get to see more <_>

I think it shows you what had been on my mind at the time:

- X-COM, for a start! (as always  )

- The jungle and boulder being from Far Cry that I was playing at the time!!

- The lighting effects coming from the HL2 Source Engine demonstration video I watched the night before!!!

Edited by Danial

I had a dream where me and my friends were all Xcom soldiers fighting a weird mix of Mutons and Sectiods at a battleship landing site on Mars. It wasnt at all like I was playing it, it was more like it was real life(in the dream).

The kicker is that it was all from the old isometric perspective with the old low res graphics with the old toolbar with my stats, and we all took turns moving.

• 1 month later...

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I had a dream! That one day, all. . . :P

But seriously, this one was freaky. I was in my house, playing X-Com, then I saw this enormous screen looking at me. Don't ask, I don't know. Through the screen, I saw Floaters playing me playing X-Com. I wasn't freaked at all by this, however (well, it was a dream, after all!), and then I saw a bigger screen behind the Floaters. Through it, I could see me making the Floaters make me play X-Com! It was wierd. . .

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had a dream just the other night. I was some soilder and we ran into our first Etherals. They came out and took down their hoods. Then the sky turned red and people started shooting everywhere. I was trying to kill them but all the shots missed.

It was a strange dream.

Oh man last night was. . .*wince*

I was playing X-Com, and it was the beginning of a game. I was trying it on Superhuman for the heck of it, and then, 3 Motherships appeared. . .yes, Motherships, as in Apoc. I sent out my Valkyrie Interceptors (again, Apoc) and they were flying towards the targets. . .then the Etherials appeared in the middle of France, jumped on it, and stepped over to Spain. Don't ask, I don't know. Anyway, I pulled out my shotgun, and shot at the Etherials. I was somewhere around Chicago at the time. I don't know, it was a Geoscape view. Anyway, I fired like hundreds of shots at them. . .except then there was this civilian. He. . .she. . .it got in the way, and absorbed the damage from all my shots. Then it died, and I got the "Battle Over" screen from UFO Defense, and it said:

Countries killed by aliens: 666

Civilians killed by X-Com: 1

Overall Download Progress: 14%

Or something wierd like that. Strangest dream I've ever had. . .