XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Alien Reserch

• 1 month later...

Like more advanced hybrids of the alien tech? mabe a cross of the human beam weapons that were mentioned somewhere and the alien plasma? or human lasers and alien plasmas?

This is the tricky part... what do they ressearch...

Like more advanced hybrids of the alien tech? mabe a cross of the human beam weapons that were mentioned somewhere and the alien plasma? or human lasers and alien plasmas?

This is the tricky part... what do they ressearch...

I've always thought that they research different gene-codes for different aliens.

You see I would have thought that in Terror From The Deep, I always thought that it would be a good idea that the more they harvest humans, the more Deep Ones they get, or the more Bio-Drones. The more raids they undertake, the more resources to make cloning facilities, and such.

They can research better armour, no doubt in the later games, you will start beating them with plasma, so they would get better armour for Sectoids, etc.

They could even research your downed craft.. I know it seems weird, but if you lose a craft, they could improve on their craft weapons to do an even better job of killing your craft in future, basically finding the bugs in their ufos.

My 2 cents.

another thing could be, that the alien ships get more and more efficient as time goes on - like weaponry, alien capacity, engine output (movement, speed)... No visible effect, just something that makes the player think; "OMG? This thing flies faster then before, and it actually tries to shoot me!"

So later in the game better pilot options (more aggressive, eg.) as well as craft improvements.

Makes stuff harder through the game, without needs to import new weapons (that the AWD, including me, would have to make. I don't share Azraels thinking of 'more work the better'). Will make the game more challanging.

I agree with Mikker in that the aliens should become more efficient later on as they progress. If this was TFTD, and I was the aliens, then I would spend my research either:

Bringing more aliens out of cryosleep (waking them up, more nastier monster via research. It may take time to find the chemicals needed for the alien's physiology to become active).

Finding out why the Human's technology are kicking my donkey.

Launching Terror Raids to harvest humans and to bring them back to T'leth for study... eventually giving me Bio-Drones and Deep Ones.

Begin construction of Dreadnoughts from scrapping gold, and other neccessities from Cruise Ships.

.. and eventually finding where 12 artefact sites are (broken pieces of the dreamer as the ship crashed from space), and to excavate them for the great dreamer. Once all twelve are placed, T'leth will rise and mwhahahaha. (in TFTD if 12 were found I don't know if it would do anything, but heres an example in this case).

Eventually if the Humans get a Leviathan, and I send 2 Dreadnoughts to blast it out, and destroy the pitiful resistance and carry back the Leviathan to T'leth, I can research why this Human technology is better than mine... eventually upgrading my Dread :D

Something along those lines. We just need something harder for the aliens to use aganst us, as in another topic, "why are all the aliens naked?". Maybe after we've seen what the Humans do with their weapons, the aliens develop anti-bullet proof vests or some exo armour or something. Mutons seemed logical in this case, but they only came after heavy plasma making them innefective for the time, where they should have been there when bullets and lasers were being used about.

Anyways, more weapons would be cool, i dont know about a hybrid, but the aliens fixing their patches on where there going wrong would be very realistic :)

Edited by Chmmr

• 1 year later...