XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Weapon List

You forget bayonet! :D

Guest KillZone

I think there should be some more Stun Weapons in the game...Wheres the Tranq gun!?!? Im not rushing any flaming Hvy Plasma toting Sticktoid Leader with a Stun Rod...

If I had to choose between making something to make Rods better or using Elerium, Id go with the Upgrade...

I really want some Stun Nets...trow em over the nasty Sticktoid an watch him struggle an them ZZZAAAPPP

Live Sticktoid without the pain

Bayonets...A one on one with a Chyrissy...one thrust to try and save your life before it sticks ya...

"Feelin lucky punk?.....No not really....*STICK*"

It would need a minimum of time units, just for direct defence, if you end up turn with chryssy on your back you know...

I don't mean to be nitpicking or anything but I do beleive you mean Mortar, not Morter, Gradea. And why so many different shotguns? A sawed off shotgun could hardly be usefull on longer range than a few meters. And a assault shotgun just has an expanded magazine and burst capability - couldn't that be just an upgrade?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm terribly sorry if any of these have been mentioned, but I'm very short on time right now and I wanted to throw these in before I ran out of time...

I've seen many things, so most if not all these are ripped off and I'll say where I got the idea from if anyone wants to look into it further... also, it's been a while since I've played the original games (sorry!) so I don't remember if any of these (or anything like them) were in the originals...

- Serious powered armor. Battle Tech Elemental type powered armor (there are plenty of other things that have powered armor, but that is the best one that I can think of off hand)

- Sniper rifle and alien sniper rifle. The alien sniper rifle could be like the Farsight XR-20 in Perfect Dark (can easily shoot through walls and was typically a one hit kill though that would be modified, of course)

- Combination weapons. A machine gun combined with a grenade launcher (Perfect Dark SuperDragon, I know there are real ones, too). Perhaps something a little more... interesting, like the Warhammer 40k combi-weapons such as the Bolter/Flamer.

- Taser and alien stun gun. The taser would be perhaps slightly longer in range than the original Human stun rod. The alien stun gun could be something to the effect of the Zat'ni'katel in Stargate (one shot stuns, two kills, three disintigrates)

- Close combat weapons. Perhaps some swords or combat knives for the Humans and (furthering the Stargate reference) perhaps an energy staff that has close combat and long range capabilities.

- Firing team weapons. I remember someone mentioned this earlier. Perhaps really large weapons like the Autocannon and the Heavy Bolter from Warhammer 40k. Could also add an extra heavy lascannon (still from Warhammer 40k). The weapons would be carried by multiple people or would be on wheels with one person gunning and the other reloading.

- Combat or spy drones. A combat drone like the 1st Robocop movie ED-209 (the mean thing sporting 3 20mm guns, heat seeking missiles, and mortars) though it probably won't be so powerful. The spy drone could be like the Perfect Dark CamSpy (something that has a camera on it and runs along the ground).

- Optical cloaking. Predator style, I guess. The aliens would probably have a special alien that has it, like the Re'tu in StarGate (they were out of phase with normal space-time, rendering them invisible) or just a specific alien unit that likes to cloak like one of the Tau units in Warhammer 40k. Perhaps a device to see through the cloaking like the StarGate T.E.R. which was a combination device that allowed them to see the Re'tu and had a weapon designed specifically to kill them.

- The incredible weapon that is usually a waste of ammo but could do something like the Reaper in Perfect Dark (200 round clip and wastes it all very quickly).

- If hearing is put into the game, perhaps a crossbow for long range stealth kills. Probably won't be so useful, though it could also be used for tranquilizers...

- A grenade style tranquilizer like the Perfect Dark N-bomb. Doesn't knock them out right off, but really hurts their vision causing them to be inaccurate and easily subdued.

- Upgraded weapons. I'm fairly sure I say someone mention this before. Could add all sorts of things, from the basic sniper scope and silencer (if such a thing would be useful in this game) to things that could increase the effective range, damage, overall accuracy, and new weapon features (such as the combi-weapons previously mentioned or new modes of fire, like making something previously single shot to automatic).

That's all I can think of right off hand. I'll see if I can think or dig up anything else. Hopefully at least some of those are useful...

Wow you guys put some serious thought into this stuff. Good Stuff. Ive always

hated the fact that when you light up a alien and take his gun that you cant use it.

i mean maybe you could put alt. fire on the guns but when you first pick one up in

a battle situation you could only use snap shots, and maybe your aim would be

decreased as the operative would have no practice with the gun.

To add to that maybe each operative would have a chart of there experience with each gun and you could send them to a shooting range and there accuracy would go up in the gun you sent them with. Also each person would have a favorite gun which gives them a accuracy boost or a moral boost. Just a thought.

Guest KillZone

I want both Humans and Aliens to have Battle Armour...think APU from the Matrix

Plus when you pick up an alien gun, you can fire it buuutt would you? Youve just seen your mate nuked by one of these..would YOU touch it?

And on the matter of favorite weapons...

"I love this Heavy Plasma...wouldnt change it for the world...Whats that? Blaster Launcher? Im there..." ^_^

Hey killzone thats fair enough. but wouldn't you think fight fire with fire. or how bout given them some of their own medicene, so if your out of ammo and some butt ugly alien is stareing at you what would you do. Maybe it would be a bit of a flip of a coin like it may malfunction or some human error and you die. but isnt that part of the fun!!

Guest KillZone
Id actually think fight fire with High Explosives but thats me..and I wack said alien round the head with its own weapon...its more fun :hammer:

• 2 weeks later...

It'd be kinda cool to have some newer weapons types near that end that only fill in one role... let me contrast this to how things are now:

You have conventional human weapons that fill the roles of handguns, rifles, and heavy weapons.

Lasers also fill the roles of handguns, rifles, and heavy weapons.

Then plasma weapons fill in all three roles.

How about if after that, there are a few alien techs and human techs that only fill one or two of the roles? For instance:

Plasma tech leads to Railgun research, which is a heavy weapon, with good aim but little area damage. The humans get a little while before the aliens are likely to start coming in with blaster launchers, and the aliens have no equivilent.

Then reverse-engineer antimatter weapons from the aliens, (well, any technology base you like really) which are powerful handguns, but have no heavy weapon.

In short, post V1, it'd be cool to have a tech tree for weapons that didn't feel so REGULAR. It's kinda weird that each tech applies perfectly to all three weapon categories :D

i think what facehugger is ....ehm....trying...to say that don't give the human too much goodiees. The aliens must remain a threat.

Of course, but the humans must stand a chance.

"Okay, sir, we've got a sig on an enemy UFO--headed towards...my God! They're going to attack New York City!"

"That can't be good. Okay, scramble some Interceptors and load up the Skyranger. What have we got?"

"Well, sir...we've got a couple of pistols, some rifles, and maybe a stun rod or two. Er...sir!"

The aliens should be vastly superior, but we should have a couple neat little gizmos, too. Even if they're only the exact same guns as before, but prettier. :wink:

Drones like the predator UCAV the american army is developing. I think metal storm also has some kind of armed model helecoptor or something. Consideriing the bend of current military R&D, it wouldn't be that far-fetched.

I think there would be a problem with it in that it would be like a scout that isn't affected by terrain and shoots... you would be able to locate the aliens very quickly and the battlescapes would lose their mystery. There wouldn't really be any debate as to whether to use your tu's to turn a corner or to save them for reaction fire.. No squaddies would be in danger- and you wouldn't have to turn corners.. you could just fly straight over everything.

• 2 weeks later...
It'd be kinda cool to have some newer weapons types near that end that only fill in one role...

like 54x said, I'd love to see specific weapons that only fulfill their intended role.

for example, there could be a chemical gun that sprays a liquid (maybe an acid combined with biological agents) that makes the Chryssalid's exoskeleton sodden, like some bug sprays do with insects. it would, of course, be pretty useless against other races, and if the aliens used encrypted or misleading hyperwave transmissions, things could get ugly at times.

Colonel: "Sergeant Jackson, do our men have that extra-bottle of Chryssalid-B-gone?"

Sergeant: "Yes sir, we're gonna melt those bastards before they can even SEE a civilian..."

Rookie: *shhht* "die you round flat hovering thingy" *shhtt* "DIE!"

Sectoid: "Hey! I said DON'T CLEAN MY CYBERDISKS! *zappp*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alex the greater
I want both Humans and Aliens to have Battle Armour...think APU from the Matrix

argh dount evean mention thoes horable excusises for power armor thay are an insult ot the word mecha (no really thay have all of th weaknesses of a mech whith none of the benafits an exposed pilot kinda ruins the perpouse of "powered ARMOR")

anywhay xenocide neads more human wepons at the start at least the folowing

assult rifle (ufo already has one)

45cal auto pistol (insted of the normal pistol in ufo)

smg (higher rof than the rifle and one handed but less powerful and accrite)

shotgun (give it lots of ammo tipes: buckshot, slugs, HE, incendary)

combat knife (melie atack and it can be thrown)

hevy canon (alredy in ufo)

minigun (replace autocanon and give this a higer rof and ammo capasity)

grenades (alredy in ufo but remove the smoke cloads thay are anoying if i want smoke ile get an smoke grenade)

rocket lancher (already in ufo aggen lose the smoke)

also give xenocide a new autofire system for wepons whith rof 5+ burst fire:

step one click on the first target in the buirst

step two click on the last target in the birst (or if you want to foucus your firepower just click on the same target

step three press spacebar

your solder will draw a line of fire between the two points (how far apart the points can be is determined by the guns rof)

this can be used to atack multable targets

waday think

BTW: this is like my 8th poast but my poast count is still on 2 why?