XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Progress Release 638

Progress Release 638 is available now. There may be an issue with graphics cards using the PS 1.4 pipeline. Please report any problems you encounter.

BitTorrent

http://www.projectxenocide.com/download/xe...ase.638.torrent

SourceForge

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/xenocid...38.exe?download

Edited by mindstormmaster

i noticed that the light doesn't move directly on the poles, it instead moves with its Axle rotating in a circle... Is that supposed to happen?

Okay, i thought that was supposed to happen, but i t jumped out at me too much to ignore - that is certianly nice to know, could help with missions in the arctic

Hi when I tried to launch the 638 release, I got this error message:

I'm under winXP, AMD2600+, 512Mo RAM, Graphic card from the mother board (chipset nforce3)

PR 638 requires DirectX 9.0. Make sure you have the latest installed.

In fact DirectX 9.0c.

Greetings

Red Knight

I have been wondering, in the X-net when you click on an item... is its picture/model sopposed to show up? Or it wasn't implemented yet?

Guest Azrael

He's right, I can't either, I was able to in the previous release.

Also, I noted the times are wrong; 5 seconds seems to be 1 second, 1 minute - 5 seconds, 5 minutes - 1 minute, finally 1 day is 5 hours or something like it, it's too slow.

Guest Kurruk

Installer:

- it would be best if could choose, where in Start Menu it will install

- and also wher in XP it will install either in All or just my local account

GAME

- options - music and sound levels are not intuitive

** I can't chage it to the point I'd like to

** I have to fix my pointer onto the line, and only then I can drag it to the level i'd like to

- options - the name of window is "sound options" either inside or outside of sound options

- console

** if I can't change size of a window, then u should disable the pointers suggesting, that I'm able to do it

** if I close console by 'X', I have to press ~ twice, to get it back

- abandoning - it seams u haven't fixed that - when I abort the game, and start it again, the time and everything else doesn't restart, it just continues.

- base

** the pictures looks corrupted - the main entrance is not correctly shown

** the others with something on them have some pink lines on them

- sun - can't find it anywhere except earth ;)

- time

** 5s - seams to work fine - 5s in game / 1s real time

** 1m - works more line 7m/1s

** 5m - works more like 12-15m/1s

** 1h - seams to work fine - 1h/1s

** 1 day switch works as 10h/1s rather than 24h/1s

2 problems with Xnet:

First is the transistion. It jumps directly over to planetscape in the tobe 3d view, and has no fade. Everything else fades normally.

Second, when you enter the Xnet, and afterwards enter the base, the colour somehow jumps from brown to pink, and vica versa.

Edited by mikker

I'm under winXP, AMD2600+, 512Mo RAM, Graphic card from the mother board (chipset nforce3)

That is not the case. I also get this message, and I'm POSITIVE that I have 9.0c installed.

That is not the case. I also get this message, and I'm POSITIVE that I have 9.0c installed.

What video card do you have? RK was having problems with cards using the PS 1.4 pipeline, so it might confirm a known issue.

Guest AOmega

Non-of the buttons are working, well some are like, new game is and test UI, when in new game only buttons that work are existing bases, and when i go in therei can only see some sqaure and some more buttons that dont work, and xnet database, and the buttons in there work but no picture appears, and option and in option only sound option button works,

is this supposed to happen because if it is i have no idea what to do, and if it isnt how do i fix it

Guest AOmega
sorry for the double post but i cant edit, i jsut watched a video and it showed th planet having mountains, all im getting is a bump map where mountains should be, is this ment to happen?

Guest Azrael

You can't edit your posts because you haven't registered in the forums (:sly:)

All the non-working buttons it's because they simply don't do anything yet, the Existing Bases show the Basescape, which is only a primitive base view for now, you can't do anything else except placing one single new facility.

Ok, if this happens again I am posting a Xenocide Build Faq and pinning it in here, every time one of these new builds are released we get like 10 people complaining about no buttons working.

Guest Azrael

That's because they don't read, the changelog pretty much has all available features, people also complained about not being able to do anything in Baseview in the previous release, when it said that the Baseview didn't do anything yet.

Edit: I posted a link to the changelog and pinned it, a while back.

Edited by Azrael

You need to have is specifically say Build Release Problems Faq or something, they might read that, i mean, a Changelog is not something people like to read when the expect the game to be full. so they see they don't work, log on, and see Progress Release 638 and they see Xenocide Build Technical Problems Faq and hopefully pick the latter

Guest Kurruk

options [update]

- when entering options, the title says Game Options Menu

- but once u enter sound menu, it says Sound Menu even in main option window

meshes [update]

- it seams they are corrupted, but when I build new facility it's mesh is correct

- it's a little too gree, but it seams to be in-build

- after some time, when it's built, it seams to be an airlock, and it's corrupted, just like an original one.

Guest Azrael

Blehm, calm down.

He's right about the menu, bug posted in Issue Tracker, thanks.

About the meshes, I don't understand what you mean, the basescape is in a "primitive" state, it still needs a lot of coding apparently, so nothing looks yet the way it should look, the modules don't appear in all their splendor yet.

It is in not that primitive state... there is already a lot of code in there, mostly what it is needed is model/texturing work.

@Kurruk: Can you be more explicit in what you mean? An screenshot might work to help describe it.

Greetings

Red Knight

There's still some problems with the navigation. The click and drag feature doesn't pan at the correct speed: the planet goes faster, so you won't be grapping the same area, but it will slide below the pointer, if you know what I mean.

And left and right should still be reversed.

Also, the base 5 button doesn't work.

The grafics for the facilities are all brown and untextured, properly not a bug, but the entrence facility got it's grafics all scrampled up. The under construction facility works fine.

screenshot_0715105_210028361.JPG

There's still some problems with the navigation. The click and drag feature doesn't pan at the correct speed: the planet goes faster, so you won't be grapping the same area, but it will slide below the pointer, if you know what I mean.

It have to slide below the pointer. Only way to avoid that is to match the speed exactly, fixing the pointer above originaly clicked spot, that is, the spot under the pointer. And it means that you won't be able to roll the globe anything more than 180 degrees (or less, depends on zoom). That is, mouse can't go behind the globe :).

Guest Azrael
Just noticed something, that is not exactly a bug, but something to be corrected later on; there are doors leading to the borders of the screen, where there is no more base, try building a facility on the edge, there will be a door leading..well, nowhere

That means: 4 walls + 4 corners + 1 "center" = 9 different(!) versions of the same building...

There may be a clever way to fix that programmatically.

But, think of it like doom 3: There were doors that wouldn't open. But, if you used a trainer (cheat: Open All Doors), then the door would open, you would see a number floating (...! The door number was actually "floating" and not painted!), and of course "black universe", which you couldn't enter.

So, we may have to make "door-less" buildings, and create a specific door model which will be added by C++ code accordingly. For example, if the building is on the upper-left corner, 2 doors will be added, one down and one right.

Edited by kafros

Also, the base 5 button doesn't work.

The grafics for the facilities are all brown and untextured, properly not a bug, but the entrence facility got it's grafics all scrampled up. The under construction facility works fine.

that's intended, the 5th button was to test behavior when trying to access an unexisting base.

also, the graphics of the facilities are very poor since modelling/texturing work isn't complete.

Guest raduga

Yay, a new and different exception, for me!

http://ns.broken.net/~raduga/xenocide_exception.jpg

AMD 2600+, XP, DX9c, 1024mb, Matrox G550

xenocide.log is fine until

10:59:42: [iNFO] xenoui.MainFrameListener - Initializing...

10:59:42: [iNFO] xenoui.MainFrameListener - Created

10:59:42: [iNFO] xenoui.UIManager - Initializing...

10:59:43: [FATAL] xenocommon.Exception - FILE: \xenocide\xenocide\xenocide\src\client\xenocidemodule.cpp | LINE: 93 | SOURCE: XenocideModule::main | REASON: Ogre exception: An exception has been thrown!

ogre.log suggests that its loading previous textures fine, until it fails at

FadingSnapshotTexture:

10:59:43: Texture: _cegui_ogre_16: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 0 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.

10:59:43: Texture: _cegui_ogre_17: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1) with 0 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1.

10:59:43: D3D9RenderSystem::createRenderTexture "FadingSnapshotTexture", 1024x1024 texType=2 internalFormat=PF_X8R8G8B8

10:59:43: An exception has been thrown!

Any idea what might be happening?