XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Alien Colony Constructed Through Infiltration?

Chancellor Kremlin

I am experiencing something odd on my dosbox version of TFTD.

I get no USO's with 'Colony Expansion' as a target, but get two Dreadnoughts appearing in or heading towards the mediterranean with 'Alien Infiltration' as objectives. The thing is, the momment they enter the mediterranean an alien colony pops up and by the end of the month I am told the Egyptian Cartel has signed a treaty with the aliens.

BUT, if I down the dreadnoughts BEFORE they enter the med they no colony appears. I was under the impression the only way for a colony to be 'built' was through 'Colony Expansion' missions?

No, infiltration missions also produce alien bases (colonies). I guess the idea was that once a country switches sides, it is friendly to the aliens and will let them build bases of operation there as stepping stones to the planet. ;)

- Zombie

By then the game's pretty already got a good idea what it would like to do with the country being infiltrated, the USOs that show up are mainly ceremonial. That's not to say you shouldn't go after them.

- NKF

Heh... the cheating of this game is amazing. I have a base in the icelandic water, and its constantly under patrol by subs. All USo's that go there get shot down. And then at the end of the month a gill man dreadnought appears like in Japan saying ''alien infiltration headed to north sea''.

I shoot it down like near hawaii and STILL SOMEHOW an alien colony pops up right next to me base. Its just so unfair that they spawn like thousands of miles away, get shot down and still you get a damn colony.

To be fair I don't know why im complaining. I have like 100 million, 8 bases, 5 leviathans and like 150 aquanatus all with mag ion armour and sonic cannons. And like 8 sonic displacers. Not to mention icelands only gives like 400k compared to the higher 2mil offered by some nations.

Still, its pretty annoying to see the game bending the rules : ( Still love it though!