• PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:29 AM

is the there any way to remove aliens from a 100% infiltrated Organization

#2 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:08 AM

I think not, once its taken over, its taken over, there might be a way, but I don't know of any, I used to keep blasting their building and craft so they wouldn't attack my base or bother me, that ain't a bad tactic. ^_^

#3 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:21 AM

Attacking their buildings is bad in general, because not only do you get negative points for causing damage to the city, you're going to make the target's allies your enemies. This means you're gambling away a lot of companies just to get one company back into service - which won't always happen depending on whether or not they're willing to offer a cash settlement. Now instead of just one cash settelment, you're going to receive a lot of requests. Not a very nice thing to happen to you at all.

There are two states an uncooperative company can be in. The first is absolute infilration where there's nothing much you can do to get them back. Then there's the point where they'll refuse bribes (unless they ask), but they aren't really allies with the aliens either (the game may say they are, but they really aren't). In this state, you can get them back onto your good side as long as you can somehow convince the aliens to blast their buildings (or just let an overspawn stomp their buildings flat). If you don't let the church get 100% infiltrated, you can even get them to support you for a short while if the aliens are stupid enough to damage their buildings.

On the other hand, I've never tried to let the aliens damage buildings belonging to a 100% infiltrated company either. Hmm. Anyone have any experiences with this? If you can get them back, then there's hope yet!

- NKF
Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1

#4 The Master Maniac

The Master Maniac

Captain

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 442 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:42 AM

I guess I can try intentionally tweaking off other companies to play around with this. For some odd reason, not many of the organizations in my game seem to have much of a problem with X-Com (aside from that blasted cult...). Perhaps I'm still too early in the game (May 3, I think).

#5 Blehm 98

Blehm 98

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 03:34 PM

I used to have over half of the organizations mad at me(not enouph soldiers to stop aliens and massive damage to buildings), but once i let an overspawn destroy 4 slums, most of superflyier one(marsec) and a bunch of other buildings, I have about 9 organizations that aren't happy with me, and 6 of those are infiltrated. So let the aliens do damage, but watch the score
Top Secret Xenocide Status report

BF2 Hackers =5SF= have busted
]sD[ Engageo <-- couldn't get him banned though, no screenshot of him ingame
]sD[Nomisser
an AK guy
The anti-logarithm of the logarithm of X plus the logarithm of Y equals X times Y, or 10^(logX + logY) = XY
Posted Image
I hate spider solitaire...

#6 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:30 PM

Attacking their buildings is bad in general, because not only do you get negative points for causing damage to the city, you're going to make the target's allies your enemies. This means you're gambling away a lot of companies just to get one company back into service - which won't always happen depending on whether or not they're willing to offer a cash settlement. Now instead of just one cash settelment, you're going to receive a lot of requests. Not a very nice thing to happen to you at all.

There are two states an uncooperative company can be in. The first is absolute infilration where there's nothing much you can do to get them back. Then there's the point where they'll refuse bribes (unless they ask), but they aren't really allies with the aliens either (the game may say they are, but they really aren't). In this state, you can get them back onto your good side as long as you can somehow convince the aliens to blast their buildings (or just let an overspawn stomp their buildings flat). If you don't let the church get 100% infiltrated, you can even get them to support you for a short while if the aliens are stupid enough to damage their buildings.

On the other hand, I've never tried to let the aliens damage buildings belonging to a 100% infiltrated company either. Hmm. Anyone have any experiences with this? If you can get them back, then there's hope yet! 

- NKF

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Once I had about three organisations 100% infiltrated, if I let them alone, they'd attack my bases, but then I started razing their buildings to the ground, leaving their economic balances in negative (VERY negative) numbers, so they didn't have any money to pay even a weak hoverbike :devillaugh: , if any other organisation got angry at me for a rogue missile, I just paid them, it was way more easy than leaving the infiltrated orgs to raid me whenever they wanted to!