XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Where Can I Get Xcom

You can download it legally from Gamer's Gate, as well as Steam for really cheap. :)

If I see any mentions of where to get the game illegally (none of the games in the X-COM series are Abandonware), this topic will be deleted and all links removed, so keep things legal and by the books people. ;)

- Zombie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The X-COM series is not abandonware. Take Two Interactive software still owns the rights to it and even though they may not be doing anything with the games, they still own them. 2K has renewed their copyrights on the series a number of times since acquiring the brand a few years back from Atari, so the games can't be categorized as abandonware. If the rights were not picked up by anyone, then maybe. ^_^

- Zombie

• 4 weeks later...

Confirmed, the STEAM version runs in windows vista.

Not only that, they solved the timing problem, the game runs as if you were playing it on a 386 or 486 now.

And also, to the best of my understanding, it is possible to use all your fun little game editing utilities with the STEAM version.

Incidentally the way they solved the problem was to use dosbox, but they already did the dosbox config for you so those of us with less patience to stop and try to understand the infernal contraption don't have to bash our heads against the wall as much.

Oh yes, and once you buy a game with steam you can download it forever as long as you remember your steam login. A good deal.