XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Pck Files - Need Help!

dagorkan

I want to change/edit human weapons in XCOM1.

I found a mod I already like - this is from a NewWeap zip file which I got at StrategyCore I believe - I don't recall the author

I want to change just a few things. One of these is replacing the image of one weapon in the mod with an image from another mod.

PckView won't open individual Pck files on my computer. What I can open is BigObs or whatever it's called.

From this I find out the numbers of the images I want to swap in each mod.

I rename the file I want to replace with to the file I want to replace - then I drag this renamed file over to the folder, overwriting the old file.

I go into BigObs and other relevant files and update the images there.

PROBLEM:

When I start the game the images do show up, but the Pck files seem to have been corrupted. I do see the weapon I want to replace with but I also get other junk, images from other equipment items 'stuck on'. The weapon I want is in the space for it in UFOPedia but there is also a Rocket launcher (or whatever) a bit to the right and below covering the text.

When I go into a mission I get the same thing. Dragging the item causes the other image crap to be dragged along with it.

Anybody know what causes this? I've tried several times and read about bits about editing XCOM all over the web - no mention of this - and it's driving me mad!