XCOMUFO & Xenocide

300,000+ Words Fanfiction.

Sabin

Well I just finished reading "The Unknown Menace" today and I must say it was a very good read, I'm impressed. Well done!

Oh and by the way, your "fanfiction" links on your site don't work anymore!

Indeed...the ff.net site has been changed. I've fixed the links now. Thanks for the notice and the review. :)

EDIT: Btw, who was your favorite character?

Sheila :P

Sheila :P

Somehow that doesn't surprise me, being one of the few female characters... :P

What do you think of her on Abyssal (if you have read it)?

My favourite character was Illyuschenko.

And the less Mr Vaughn and Bomaka.

Illyuschenko is a very special character to me also. *SPOILERS* I pretty much defined his fate right when I introduced him on the story (drunk and about to commit suicide), although I only realized it much later. It made me sad (although not as much as Johnson and Markovitch fate) but I really liked the way he died since he went peacefully.

I can understand why you didn't like Vaughn (I think no one does) but what did you dislike about Bomaka?

A few minutes ago I decided to make a web search on "The Unknown Menace" out of curiosity to see what results I would get.

One of its results was this and since it was on a LOTR site it spiked my curiosity to see what an X-Com related thread was there. Guess what an unpleasant suprise it was :cussing:

He even claims that the story is on the making for 5 years, curiously enough before when I started writing it (in 2001), which made me wonder if it is a way to say that I stole the story from him. And he even says that the initial pages are crap, which they are since english is not my first language, not because he is a bad writer.

But, not happy with stealing the beginning of my fanfiction, he also stole part of TFTD's booklet, namely the Jake Gaston story (scroll down the thread to see it).

Some people are stupid.... :hammer:

I don't understand why people do things like that, it's annoying irritating and make nosense. Mental illness? :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

I don't like Bomaka because of his unability to make himself strong. He sees a felony by the guys at the Council and doesn't dare to answer, and not only that but he stops Illyuschenko form hitting the crap out of their heads. He hears someone condemning humankind to death just for making dummy power for his country and he... just stands calm there. No feelings!! The minimum you could ask him was a bit of anger when he hears things like those. I think he's 100 times worse than Vaughn. I hat Vaughn just the same Larianov or China's president (right now I've forgotten his name), but he saw the error by Lauranov so he has not the excuse of saying "Nobody tried and failed before". Well, China's president is even worse, but it's so evident it didn't enter in my selection of the most hated, if so it would be him. The sectoid commander at the earth base is much better than him.

I don't understand why people do things like that, it's annoying irritating and make nosense. Mental illness?  :cussing:  :cussing:  :cussing:

I think it's more to take credit for other people's work to pretend to others than you are better than you actually are. In this case, at least. Usually people just do it for the money.

Regarding Bomaka, I agree with your frustration for his lack of decision but I think that has to do with him being a diplomat. He has no real power and he can only convince people....you can't do that by pissing countries, unlike Illyuschenko. They kinda complement one another. For me what redeems him is that at the end he keeps him mouth shut concerning the Cydonia mission, allowing for it to suceed.

I find it now interesting to see how I pictured almost every politician on the story: there's is hardly one that can be considered likeable. Perhaps Winston, the first US president, is the best one but even so he simply washes his hands from the entire alien problem when he is replaced by Vaughn.

I can't say who my favorite charrecter is, since it that much time since i've read it. But its great none the less.

Is there a specific reason you chooise which cuntries that stops funding you?

I can't say who my favorite charrecter is, since it that much time since i've read it. But its great none the less.

Is there a specific reason you chooise which cuntries that stops funding you?

China and the US were chosen because of plot reasons, the rest were more at random. China because I wanted a major power to withdrawal since it would have severe effects on the world geopolitics and I had a part where it would almost go into a full war with X-Com and the US because of it but I dropped it because the story was becoming too big. As for the US, well I am sure it's pretty obvious that Vaughn is partly based on a real life character ;)

Yeah, we know. Mr Kerry, that who wants not only to change his predecessor politics, which could be right or wrong, but retreat and stop fighting it to just protect his own voters and let's the rest of the world die. You attacked an alien base into our country? Oh, no, you shall leave it intact. We defend here, not going to Marsq and nothing at all. Just talking how big is our army but fighting hens.

I didn't understood if you where being ironic on your post but the answer to that question is at the end of chapter 20 when Williams and MacAllister are discussing the election of the new president.

In any case let's drop this subject before it turns political (but I am always open to discuss it in private)

Edited by Hobbes

Just wait 'til psionic interfaces render computers obsolete. No need for smilies. . .except for :happybanana: , of course!

Here're some other stories:

http://www.ibiblio.org/GameBytes/issue21/misc/xcom1.html

http://www.btinternet.com/~simon.turnbull/apoc/

Happy reading!

edit:BTW, your linx are down! :crying:

Edited by Tsereve