XCOMUFO & Xenocide

How Do You Get Into A Ufo?

Madow

Correct, UFO's have doors, though sometimes they are not really apparent since they are the same color as the rest of the ship. See the UFO floorplans at the main part of this site.

UFO doors can only be found on the South or East sides of the craft. You can tell a door by the two lines that run up on either side of a wall tile. ;)

- Zombie

Correct, UFO's have doors, though sometimes they are not really apparent since they are the same color as the rest of the ship. See the UFO floorplans at the main part of this site.

UFO doors can only be found on the South or East sides of the craft. You can tell a door by the two lines that run up on either side of a wall tile. ;)

- Zombie

That or tell one of your men to go inside a UFO... heck head for the nearest door and enter the craft.

I knew where the door was but didn't know how to get in. I don't know why I didn't try the simple way first:P, before I used to put 2 men beside each side of the door of the UFO and wait lots and lots of turns for the aliens to come out:P

I knew where the door was but didn't know how to get in. I don't know why I didn't try the simple way first:P, before I used to put 2 men beside each side of the door of the UFO and wait lots and lots of turns for the aliens to come out:P

Aliens never go for Mexican standoffs. You will have to enter first. Send a rookie in, preferably with an armed grenade to toss.

I once lost a good soldier when storming a UFO, but it was worth it. He entered, saw the aliens, and lobbed his grenade. It hit the back wall, the aliens reacted and gunned him down, but at the end of the turn the grenade exploded, killing them both. :D

Eventually........ yeah......... Let's hope there are no fatal wounds on this one.

Edit: what I meant is that sometime it takes years for a Leader to leave his sanctuary, like in a sectoid supply ship, why exit when he can randomly psi empty spots where your soldiers used to be. <_ hate sectoid leaders.>

Edited by Brick-To-Face

Well, you can always wait for the whole crew to exit and leave their leader/commander behind. Going in after a single alien is a bit safer than going into a ship with aliens all over the place.

If your troops are worth using psionics on, the leader/commander will generally commence using psi, but if it's having trouble, it will choose to use force instead and go after you with its gun. If the leader's the only alien that hasn't left the ship, you might want to move up to the bridge and wait for a turn where the leader performs about 2 - 3 psi attacks and this should sap it of most of its TUs. This makes it safe for you to burst into the room.

Then there are one or two UFOs with one unit that will never leave a particular spot. Generally in the bridge

The Large Scout sometimes has one of these, but there's a trick that will draw it out and exhaust its TUs in the process. All you need to do is walk up the left passage and wait in the corner nearest the engine room (don't go through the door). This unfortunately depends on where exactly this alien spawns in the bridge. If you just can't be bothered, blasting the UFO's corners with area effect weapons generally finishes it off just as easily.

The Abducter is also quite notorious for having a leader or engineer wait in the bridge, facing the door, with full TUs, giving it a reaction score that'll rival all but your high reaction veterans. The trick is to dealing with this one is to either have a heavy plasma, a HE weapon (rocket or cannon), or a grenade. The heavy plasma allows you to make your own entrances - preferably in the rear or side of the room. The HE weapon can be fired directly up at the ceiling where you think the alien may be standing - and this will get it - the blast goes upwards through the floor. The grenade can be used in tandem with the heavy plasma so that you can blast the room to bits if you don't get an immediate visual of the alien - or you can go underneath it and exploit the collision detection error that prevents grenades from bouncing back at you after throwing it at the ceiling.

- NKF