XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com Apoc Performance

I downloaded the version of Apocalypse from the thread on these forums, and I have gotten it to work with sound and I use the mouse fix program. I also got the music to work by copying the file off of the original CD. However, I have a couple questions:

1. I'm not sure if it's just how the game runs, I can't remember how it ran when I first played it, but in the cityscape the scrolling isn't necessarily sluggish but the scrolling isn't smooth, it's kind of "jerky". Also, in tactical combat the game doesn't seem to run all that smoothly. Is this normal?

2. When I exit out of apocalypse my desktop is always garbled and the only way to fix it is to restart or reset my video properties. Anyone know how to get around this?

3. Is there any way to get the intro to play correctly? I put the SMK folder in my apocalypse folder and it runs extremely sluggishly and the audio is breaking up.

I had that garbled desktop problem too, The only thing I know you can do is changing resolution in windows every time, and when it asks to keep settings hit 'no'. Then the screen will be fine again (I think that's what you do too, but I mention it anyway)

I don't think the other problems are because of your pc, the scrolling in cityscape IS kinda 'jerky', and tactical combat's default speed is very slow plus the animations are rather bad...

Edited by j'ordos