XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Removing the AI

LordBaxter

Currently there exists a way to make a crude XCOM multiplayer, by switching the "active" team each turn and restoring time and energy units. The problem being that due to the AI it is impossible to use the end turn button, as the AI takes over for any and all movement for the team it is assigned to. I'd to make a modification to the game to remove or disable the AI, so that instead of moving, shooting or what have you all the AI does is stand still and do nothing, allowing grenades, automatic door closing, morale and mind control to work properly. Because as it is the AI will attempt to do something no matter what. I at first thought removing both teams store of time units and energy might work but realised that they would be replenished at the start of the turn... :doh:.

So far the only thing I've done that might be able to help is remove the Routes data, but that only mucks up the aliens' patrol routes, they still have a roaming AI that controls random movement, shooting and the like.

Has anybody had any luck or have any suggestions as to how this could be accomplished?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Ask Seb76 in the X-COM 1: General forum. He might be able to hunt the AI down for you. :)

- Zombie

Currently there exists a way to make a crude XCOM multiplayer, by switching the "active" team each turn and restoring time and energy units. The problem being that due to the AI it is impossible to use the end turn button, as the AI takes over for any and all movement for the team it is assigned to. I'd to make a modification to the game to remove or disable the AI, so that instead of moving, shooting or what have you all the AI does is stand still and do nothing, allowing grenades, automatic door closing, morale and mind control to work properly. Because as it is the AI will attempt to do something no matter what. I at first thought removing both teams store of time units and energy might work but realised that they would be replenished at the start of the turn... :doh:.
It is possible to use Seb76's editor to mostly do this. You will lose alien melee attacks and alien psi this way, so the results are less than awesome in practice.

* the battlescape game must be started with Alien Pets=0, to default-equip the aliens properly.

* before ending the first turn in battlescape, save the game and restart with Alien Pets=1

Alien Pets=1 is the total AI disable.

It is possible to use Seb76's editor to mostly do this. You will lose alien melee attacks and alien psi this way, so the results are less than awesome in practice.

* the battlescape game must be started with Alien Pets=0, to default-equip the aliens properly.

* before ending the first turn in battlescape, save the game and restart with Alien Pets=1

Alien Pets=1 is the total AI disable.

Which editor would this be? UFO extender or something else I haven't heard of?