XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Launching In The Final Mission

SupSuper

i'm getting amazingly frustated with not finding out how to launch my fleet into the final mission :cussing:
i have researched everything, got a fleet of 5 super avengers loaded with nova bombs ready to go, got alien message 5 which talks about the mac-arthur to take my craft (and it also says it includes some sort of map but i can't find it), and my best guess is that the black hole i have to go through is the one next to my main base since all the freighters head in its direction.
however, i can't launch a mission into a black hole, the game doesn't let me. so how do i finish the game?!?!?

oh, and how do you make black holes with the nova bombs? ;)

Well...You have to launch probes. There will be a message that tells you when you've found the right black hole.

Also, you must call in the MacArthur to do the final mission (it is on the launch screen)

As for using novabombs, you must launch one while in a star system (outpost attacks are great for this) and then wait until it gets to full velocity.

Very good as cpl says for outposts - you get points for ALL opps destroyed AND the outpost.

Only problem is, the aliens automatically rebuild.... although, it will take them a while.

Also, I would rethink the 5 avengers with nova bombs idea, unless you plan to get them ALL to launch immeadiately as you enter the final battle. Even this plan is a little flawed as the mission is a two parter, and IIRC genius level and above you do not get the chance to repair and reload weapons in between levels.

I recommend you and a wingman use avengers with novas, the rest with firestars and (forgot weapon name) purple beam weapon - super plasma thingy that is 150% damage on shields??

That way, your wingmen stand a relatively good chance of surviving the first battle.

If all else fails, tell your wingmen to defend, and take out all the UFOs in your firestar by expoiting a bug. Your choice.

• 3 months later...
You can't change crafts in-between the two mission parts, and I think Nova Bombs have an effect on your mobility becuz of ther size. They also make your ships profile a lot bigger. I've never found out how to make your wingmen fire the Nova Bomb ("attack target" doesn't work), so arm just your ship with a Nova Bomb, and take 3 Sup.Avengers + 2 Firestars. Then :spank: !

By the way, dipstick, the "super plasma thingy that is 150% damage on shields" is called the Phase Cannon.