XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Forum Members In Interceptor (s)

Following the same format as SupSuper's X-Com UFO Defense game, I offer the chance for forum members to take to space as X-COM Interceptor pilots in an Experienced-level game of Interceptor... if enough people are interested. *grins*

Pretty much, you can choose your pilot's first name, last name, and callsign, what fighter you want to fly, and what weapons/equipment you want your pilot to use.

Of course, if this post just languishes, I'll assume there isn't enough interest and let the idea drop. ;)

[color="blue"]edit![/color]
[url="http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/22803.html"]http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/22803.html[/url]

Click on the FAQ about dogfighting, as it focuses on the fighters and their weapons. *grins*
[color="blue"]end edit![/color]

The FAQ will give you a good idea of the ships, weapons, and their capabilities. Ignore what he says about the Super Avenger though. *laughs* Edited by Gyrfalcon No'Dessu

The link doesn't work, it says you can't link exactly to the file but you can link to the page where the link is if you wish.

Well anyways, I have never seen the whole game but I'm interested to join the squad! This is a great oppotunity to see what the game is like and so on.. I just need the file you're trying to refer to because I don't know anything about the equipment in that game..

wee, interceptor! :D

Daniel "SupSuper" Albano

Beam Weapon: Heavy Lasers / Plasma Pulse Cannon / Phase Cannon / Tracking Tracer Cannon
Missile Weapon: Fusion Missile / Permeator Missile / Enveloping Fusion Torpedo

Name: Kipa "Puasonen" Paasonen
Lightning II
Weapons: Tracer cannon, Tachyon pulser, laser cannon -- parallax torpedo

Fear the reborn "red paron"

House "j'ordos" Ordos :)
Firestar
2 Gattling Lasers & 2 Heavy lasers/Phase cannons
Sidestep missiles

Until that all is available,
Lightning II
gattling lasers
don't care about the missiles :)

edit : one thing : I don't know how/if you can take screenshots in interceptor... Edited by j'ordos

Well, there won't be any in-battle screenshots. That's a given, unfortuantly, as I don't have the time to try to capture the perfect screenshot of something being blown to pieces when those alien fighters are juking all over. *laughs* (the light fighter is almost insanely hard to hit on superhuman)

On the other hand, I can always use the Print Screen button and copy the results in Photoshop for touch-up on just about any other screen.

Alright, that gives us 5 members (including myself), and enough to fully staff the first base at the beginning. There can be up to 10 pilots per base, but I'm keeping it to 9 pilots to match the number of fighters you can keep at a base.

Gyrfalcon 'Katana' No'Dessu
Firestar
2 gattling lasers, 2 Tachyon Pulsers (these disable enemy fighters and are necessary for fighter research. As such, some of you might end up being equipped with these short-term when I really need an enemy fighter type.)

Also, request specials as you need/want 'em. I'm not sure if the AI will make good use of a cloaking device, but if you think you want one, I'll stick one on. ;)

Finally, unless someone knows of a good editor, you'll either have to accept your character being female or wait for me to request enough male fighter pilots. :)

[quote name='Gyrfalcon No'Dessu' date='Apr 15 2004, 09:05 PM']Also, request specials as you need/want 'em. I'm not sure if the AI will make good use of a cloaking device, but if you think you want one, I'll stick one on. ;)

Finally, unless someone knows of a good  editor, you'll either have to accept your character being female or wait for me to request enough male fighter pilots. :)[/quote]
hmmm... specials... cloaking device, advanced ecm pod and advanced damage control system :)

well, unlike x-com1/2, you can see who you recruit, and the majority are male pilots, so you probably won't have much trouble with that ;)

Very true, but of the first 5, I've noticed at least 2 are usually female, so as such, the women get sacked (I'm not sexist, its just you're all guys!) and the first three people who signed up get their fighters. *grins* I'll go and recruit two guys to fill their places, but we're going to have to wait for our fighters.

[quote name='SupSuper' date='Apr 15 2004, 05:15 PM']well, unlike x-com1/2, you can see who you recruit, and the majority are male pilots, so you probably won't have much trouble with that ;)[/quote]
You'd think that, wouldn't you? On start-off, three of the five were female (none of them hot, sorry Robo Dojo), and of the additional pilots, 8 of the 11 were female! :D :P

Annnnyway, game started, three male pilots coming to fill the empty spaces. :)

Hm, my post magically disappeared. Strange. O_o

Annnyway, I'm switching the game mode from superhuman to experienced. its not exactly fun to get the crap kicked out of you by four alien fighters at the same time, and it'll lead to higher life expectancies for your avatars. -_-

If someone *wants* to run a game on superhuman, feel free, I'll provide the form I'm using to track stats (its fun and easy!) and any other help needed. :)

I could dig my copy of the game out I suppose. The only way I managed to beat the game on higher levels was by cheating though, going backwards. I also only used myself as my wingmen got pretty shot up (that's if they survived) after seeing a single phantasm. And a shade? They simultaneously imploded at the thought. Thank god for phase cannons.

[quote name='Gyrfalcon No'Dessu' date='Apr 19 2004, 05:09 PM']Could you define which 'it' we're talking about? :)

If by 'it' you mean the form I use for stats, I can post it easily enough.  :D
If by 'it' you mean your requested name and callsign, it is now noted down.
If by 'it' meaning something else, I'll need a clearer definition.  :huh?:[/quote]
i ment the "it" it.

the signup i had before i mean. :D