XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Base Modules

Kloreep

I'm still trying to figure out Interceptor's base module system.

Is there a list of what type of module fits in what type of slot, and how many of those slots there are on a base?

I've noticed some modules do support other modules connected to them. I think I built one as an extension on a storage area. How exactly does this work? Might I have less possible modules depending on whether I build these types of modules on to my base? What [i]is[/i] the maximum number of modules?

Edit: Found a thing with info on this. :) [url="http://www.gamespot.com/features/xcomi_sg/mod_con.html"]http://www.gamespot.com/features/xcomi_sg/mod_con.html[/url] Edited by Kloreep

nice page that :)
the general rules for modules (as i've figured them) are:
- downlinks have exclusive slots on top of base (game auto zooms in that area when you try to build one) and there's only space for 3 per base.
- hangars are like downlinks, but their slots are the big rectangular parts in the middle of the base.
- all the other modules can be built on the non-exclusive slots all over the base.
- weapon modules have additional exclusive slots where you can put them. iirc, they're over / under the hangar slots and on the edges of the base (top / bottom).
- special modules such as shield generators, sensors, etc, can only be built once per base (just like for crafts).
- weapon modules have a limit, probably so you don't go overkill with weapon modules :P
i think it's 10 or something, and it applies to beam and missile modules separately. in other words, you can have up to 10 beam and missile weapon modules in the same base.

if you want i can give you screenies of the specific slots for each module type :)

Thanks. :) It's okay on the screenies, I now know where the downlinks and hangars go, and I'm getting the hang of where the non-exclusive slots are too.

Question: Can I put weapons (small) modules in non-weapons (medium) module slots, or are they completely seperate and cannot be mixed?

Just to clarify, you can have a max of 10 weapons modules occupied TOTAL, which includes both missiles AND beams. Place your weapons carefully, and protect your download, hangar and personnel modules. If they go boom, so does everything in them!!!

• 1 month later...