XCOMUFO & Xenocide

I'm Back!

Shinzon

Well... after going MIA after the engine swiches that were going on; I am back... Funny thing that the week I re-install X-Com, and start playing after god knows how long; Vaaish messages me about Xenocide... Guess if any of us try to leave the ghost will call us back sooner or later...

Now to be honest; I didn't work on anything Xenocide related since I "left", but I did do a few things that just might be usefull at one point or another (Or it's me trying to look like im not compleatly useless LOL )

I must also congratulate the programming department, because as it seems; the progress was immense...

Tell me if you can use anything:

Trash_003.jpg

Bio_ML_002.jpg

Homing_ML.jpg

Nuke_003.jpg

Edited by Shinzon

It's great your back! Nice work, the (trash can?) could be used in a map (terror site), the armaments look good, very detailed, but i don't know if they would use them as we have the missiles done.

Side note, it would be nice if you could could send me the texture for base access, doesn't need to be completed, just need it for a shot for the baseview.

Welcome back, hope to see some more progress in art as I cannot achieve what you can!

Edited by Darkhomb

Hey buddy we missed you :D

I really like those missiles, they can even suplant the sidewinder :P if CTD do not throw me a rock over my head in the process.. ROFL

Greetings

Red Knight

[My opinion]

Not really, they are both active, and their current models are just AWFUL -.-'

The 2nd one is good for the Sidewinder, and something similar to the 3rd for the Titan ^_^

[/My opinion]

Edited by kafros

Ok shinzon, both models accepted :)

2nd one for the Sidewinder, CTD change the name of the missile as Sidewinder is known for its elongated form. No problems with the titan. Make sure that CTD texts are consistent. Shinzon send Darkhomb the 3 models and textures to add to the XNA Content Pipeline models in XNet. ;)

Greetings

Red Knight

Guest Azrael Strife

Not to spoil the party here, but those names were voted and picked ages ago, I don't think it's fair to change things just to fit the models, should be the other way around, anyway, my two (potentially ignored) cents.

Excellent models, I really envy your abilities :)

edit: I don't think the previous models were awful, even if they are not as beautiful in textures as these.

Edited by Azrael Strife

Not to spoil the party here, but those names were voted and picked ages ago, I don't think it's fair to change things just to fit the models, should be the other way around, anyway, my two (potentially ignored) cents.

edit: I don't think the previous models were awful, even if they are not as beautiful in textures as these.

*Peers at Azzy's group label*

Er... you're back in CTD? I kinda remembered you being in the Global Moderators a couple of days ago...

Aside from the names on the missile(X21-Archangel if I read it correctly), there isn't much that needs to be changed, either on the text or on the texture...

BTW, aside from the biohazard signs on the green missile, I more or less popped up saying, "Hey, that's the GAIA Missile!"

Guest Azrael Strife

*Peers at Azzy's group label*

Er... you're back in CTD? I kinda remembered you being in the Global Moderators a couple of days ago...

Aside from the names on the missile(X21-Archangel if I read it correctly), there isn't much that needs to be changed, either on the text or on the texture...

BTW, aside from the biohazard signs on the green missile, I more or less popped up saying, "Hey, that's the GAIA Missile!"

I was, but came back to try to help with some things.

Just saying that something feels wrong when we get a model and rename stuff just to fit it just because we like it, despite how easy it is to change a name. To me it feels wrong, but take this as a personal opinion, in fact, I should have not even posted that.

I can change all of the "Text" on the missles or any decals no problem. Though all of those (Besides the trashbin) lack any other maps; like specular and bump, if there is a need, I can quickly "Upgrade" the missles to include them as well...

What format do you want all of the files in?

Just to give my two cents: The models look really nice - we should definetly use them. I don't see a problem in changing a desing. Though then we should probably change the name - not the "sidewinder" part, but the "9x" part. Maybe use Sidewinder 10 or sonething. ;)

As for using the green one for the GAIA: Great idea, let's give this a go - however, maybe Shinzon you could change the green color to the Xenium color?

This would make the other missile the Titan, as from my POV, it really would fit the Titan much better - without any changes to the CT.

Just to give my two cents: The models look really nice - we should definetly use them. I don't see a problem in changing a desing. Though then we should probably change the name - not the "sidewinder" part, but the "9x" part. Maybe use Sidewinder 10 or sonething. ;)

As for using the green one for the GAIA: Great idea, let's give this a go - however, maybe Shinzon you could change the green color to the Xenium color?

This would make the other missile the Titan, as from my POV, it really would fit the Titan much better - without any changes to the CT.

Regarding the "Sidewinder 10"... Er.. IMHO, that's not a good idea. The AIM-9X Sidewinder came from the fact that there is a real life series of missiles, the AIM-9 (With AIM-9X being the X variant) which is commonly known as the Sidewinder. Taking the well known Sidewinder moniker and jamming it onto another series of missiles will definitely raise some eyebrows. Personally, if Shinzon is not averse to changing the textures, I actually see no reason to change the series of the missile as well. At the most, we change the variant to a unique variant that does not exist in real life.

Regarding the "Sidewinder 10"... Er.. IMHO, that's not a good idea. The AIM-9X Sidewinder came from the fact that there is a real life series of missiles, the AIM-9 (With AIM-9X being the X variant) which is commonly known as the Sidewinder. Taking the well known Sidewinder moniker and jamming it onto another series of missiles will definitely raise some eyebrows. Personally, if Shinzon is not averse to changing the textures, I actually see no reason to change the series of the missile as well. At the most, we change the variant to a unique variant that does not exist in real life.

The sidewinder 10 or something came from the differnet design that shinzons models show. It's not really Sidewinder 9 series like. As for the 9x - it exists already, so we would have to make the next step - which would've been Sidewinder 10 or something like this from my POV.

However, I guess, leaving the Sidewinder just as it is, and using Shinzons models for Titan and GAIA would be the best way to go. For one, this doesn't interfere with the Sidewinder, secondly, this gives us a GAIA missile model, which we anyway lacked until now. So I think this'll be the way to go, if there are no strong objections.

*Brain explodes* Tell me what to change; on which one, and I will tell you if it is doable, quit arguing over naming LOL

Please be specific

Heres the trash bin and others

Whats a "Xenium" color? Is it like the Elerium of the old games? :P

Trash.rar

Homing_Missle.rar

Missle.rar

If possible, I would suggest the following:

Take the "Missile" and modify it to be a Titan. That means: do not put an X-Corps sticker on it, put some "typical earth"-warning lables on it, keep the color.

Take the Green missile, remove the Biohazard signs, put on an X-Corps sticker, don't ask me what color Xenium is ;), this is an AWD thing (but until now I guess we went with the Elirium color, maybe ask Vaaish about it) and think about changing the warhead color accordingly (if it looks good that is), and such make it the GAIA missile.

As for the homing missile, I am fresh out of Ideas, I still think it wouldn't be too bad as a Sidewinder. but anyway, maybe aomeone else has a better idea for this.

Specific enough? :)

Ahem,

As I was saying, nothing wrong with using the "Homing Missile" as the Sidewinder. Just remove/replace all the X21 - Archangel decals with AIM - 9X Sidewinder and we are good to go! I can always edit the Sidewinder CT so that it references to a fictional variant as opposed to a new variant. Albeit, I kinda like the AIM - 9X 'cause, you know, Xenocide?

Ahem,

As I was saying, nothing wrong with using the "Homing Missile" as the Sidewinder. Just remove/replace all the X21 - Archangel decals with AIM - 9X Sidewinder and we are good to go! I can always edit the Sidewinder CT so that it references to a fictional variant as opposed to a new variant. Albeit, I kinda like the AIM - 9X 'cause, you know, Xenocide?

ok, Sorry I seem to have gotten you wrong when you said:

Taking the well known Sidewinder moniker and jamming it onto another series of missiles will definitely raise some eyebrows.

But in this case, we are in agreement, so let's use the homing missile as well - for the Sidewinder. :)

Edit: So, Shinzon, I would suggest you just "copy" the stickers from the sidewinder to your homing missile model... :)

Edited by Mad