Logistical or Time saving functions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_stewart_*

Guest_stewart_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2002 - 01:22 PM

I'd like to have the ability to automate purchasing and transfering around bases. Then you'd never forget to buy missiles for example.

I'd like to have the ability to define soldier types (what they carry), to define teams by what soldier types they carry and how many and so on, and to indicate positions in the various transports.

I'd like to be able to assign soldiers to teams rather than aircraft. Then for the aircraft you just assing a team and away you go.

This way you can place soldiers where you want and you avoid the tedium of equiping the soldiers before missions and the tedium of requipping the transports for different missions.

I'd like to be able to disarm aircraft too.

#2 The Master Maniac

The Master Maniac

Captain

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 442 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 04:47 PM

Hey, that sounds cool. Wonder if it's been considered yet. But of course, you want the option to "micromanage" things yourself, too.

#3 54x

54x

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:52 AM

Plus when creating a team, you could set the layout they'd use when assigned to a specific ship. Not to mention it makes more sense to have tanks assigned to teams than assigned as equipment :D

#4 Paladin

Paladin

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:19 AM

That is so true...
If we could move teams as a whole unit (like in UFO: AM), it would be really cool too, it would makes thing go faster, the tedious process of walking everybody around can be quite boring...
"You're just jealous because the voices in my head only talk to me."

"I only think this stuff up ..
then I have to write it down so it doesn't corrupt the rest of my brain.. "

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another which states that this has already happened.
-Douglas Adams (The Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy)"