XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Hoverbikes

Ok, i have pretty much switched to a hoverbike only attack force at the moment. They are so much cheaper than the phoenix and they are harder to kill it seems.

I equip them with an SD Sport, and an LWC where possible. As for weapons, I have been putting lineage plasma cannons on them where I can, but I cant buy enough to equip all my bikes. What other weapon should I use on them? Im looking at the rendor plasma and prophet missiles at the moment. The pathetic autocannons they come with dont seem to to be so great.

Any suggestions?

Well, the ones you are using/considering are fine, but if you run out of ammo/elerium for those you can also use janitor missiles and bolter 4000 lasers...

Besides the fact it shoots fast, the autocannon is quite useless. Well it's good enough for destroying phoenix hovercars, -bikes and such, but then again, so is the laser and that one doesn't use ammo.

I never used the heavy missile launchers (with only one round) so can't tell you anything about that...

Edited by j'ordos

In the early stages of the game, having around 6 to 8 hoverbikes with janitor missiles works wonders. Then keep also one hovercar only to attrack ufo fire. I've found that janitor missiles are the most cost-effective, and there are enough around to arm all your bikes. Also, always focus all your bikes/cars on one single ufo, then after that one is destroyed go for the next, etc. Don't split up your attack power.

When you get to the point where your hoverbikes are destroyed with one single ufo blast, you need to get rid of all of them and all overcars and move on to heavier artilery. However, by this point you should already have retaliators available, or at least enough money for a hawk. -_-

I never used the heavy missile launchers (with only one round) so can't tell you anything about that...

Well... I DID use them. :crazy: The result could be watched by the senate collapsing, sanctuary clinic, nutrivend mainbuilding and one other building I can't even recall...

The problem is, the heavy rocket (Retribution if I'm correct) gets fired at long range (which is quite dumb) - so I NEVER hit an enemy with this rockets and believe me, I TRIED. :psychosanta:

I'm all with Fafnir and j'ordos great tips, best rockets are Janitor. Prophet have only 8 rounds to fire, that's not enough to bring an UFO down.

I would suggest that you use your 1 Vaklyrie, 4-6 hoverbikes to distract enemy fire and as soon as possible buy at least 2 Hawks. Then you are into business. (Alien killing inc.) Good luck! :rock:

janitor...

use lineage plasma only when u have 2 bases... and against fast attack ship tech++

by using transfer option, u can load the cannons -15 or less elerium, and that makes the loss of a bike more affordable *superhuman hint

janitor...

use lineage plasma only when u have 2 bases... and against fast attack ship tech++

by using transfer option, u can load the cannons -15 or less elerium, and that makes the loss of a bike more affordable *superhuman hint

Brute,

Please explain further how the cannons can be loaded with -15 elerium. Is this a bug similar to the one in xcom 1 concerning transfer of craft resulting in unlimited flying time?

Im guessing here, but if you transfer all but 15 Elerium to another base, the cannon cant take on full ammo when you install it. It will only take the 15 that is there.

Seems like a lot of effort to me. :zzzzz:

SAy you have 500 E at your base. Send 480 of it to another base. Then equip the cannon. There is only 20 E, so it takes it and lumps it. Then send 20 to the main base from the other base. Put another cannon on, again with only 20 E. Repeat as necessary.

Course, im making all this up from nothing, as I havent done this. I could be completely wrong. Brute will have to explain what he meant.

tnx.

sorry for not explaining the tactic and troubling u

have only one hoverbike and 15 eleriums each time in one base

it is a long and irritating work... u will need patience after each combat...