XCOMUFO & Xenocide

General Storyline

Kratos

After eight years in development, it is time to begin a solid storyline.

So far, we have focused our artwork on particular places and units, such as Dawn City (Earth) and Lunar suits/bases (Moon). Perhaps it's time to merge all the works together into a fitting unity. Although there is various art styles from different authors, which can impede problems with aesthetics, we can always replace/improve graphics as we go.

Developers see issue: 0000566

-----

I have started a basic introduction and UFOpaedia. You can view it in .odt or .doc format. I chose these two formats due to their ability to retain images and according to their common OS standards (odt for Linux; doc for windows).

Please note that I have included a possible future game play item, missions. This was my solution to avoid, but not exclude, X-com/TFTD propriety data, as part of the story. Download and read the file for further information.

Edited by Kratos

Hey, story-writing. That's my specialty. I'd be glad to help out with whatever I can. I could write those lab reports, too (always thought those were cool).

And I always thought it would be awesome to have scripted 'story missions' alongside the random ones. Like, the first year or two there's an 'event' every second month, involving certain characters (and maybe you even have some 'story' soldiers which can't be fatally wounded, or are unavailable in normal missions (like a commander who usually doesn't go on missions unless they're very important)

I always loved the atmosphere in certain big UFOs, where you're walking around looking at brains in jars and bizarre operating tables - always wanted to know the story behind them...

• 2 weeks later...