XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Can't Find The Last Alien?

Guest Mark

Hello,

This has happened to me on a couple of missions, where there seem to be one last alien hiding somewhere, but i've checked everywhere! Then grenaded any likely hiding places. Then i clicked on next turn about fourty times in a row with no visible alien activity. Anyone come across this? I'm going to have to start bringing those motion sensors.

Thanks,

Mark

There are quite a lot of people who have problems with this, luckily xcomutil has a feature that reveals the entire map and the aliens, very useful for these annoying things :) Edited by j'ordos

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

That's a glitch in how the game tries to 'remember' what group the civilians belong to. And it's really simple. It doesn't. The original X-Com UFO programmers don't appear to have intended for civilians to be mind controlled - and even with multiple patches and the release of TFTD they never got round to putting in measures to stop you from doing so. Oh well. Not that it matters as turned civilians don't count towards your score.

By the way, you don't have to shoot every civilian to find out which one you'd accidentally converted. There are two ways to easily find out.

The first is to just click on the centre on unit buttons down the side of the screen to centre on the enemy civilian.

The other is to open up your overhead map and look at the colour of the civilian's blip.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

• 8 months later...

I am stuck in my game because of this bug. <_<

It's a terror on ship mission and I've killed every alien as well as every civilian I can find! I've triple-checked every accessible tile and placed men statuesquely in case the alien(s) was moving around.

I speculate that the alien was either generated on one of those tiles that you can't access (like between walls or off the side of the ship) or that the game just won't register that I've killed all the enemies.

I assume there is no fix for this bug?

EDIT: I've tried using xcomutil but the install fails. Please see the pinned related topic in this forum.

Edited by Maganda