XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Portitioed My Hd For Win 98, Xp For Apoc

Guest Guest_frisky69_*

Guest Guest_frisky69_*
well after i fought with my computer and downloaded and walked through all the walkthroughs here on this forum to get apoc to run on xp and i can say non of it worked for me i finnaly decided i would split and portition my hard drive into 2 parts one xp home and the other into win98 well i can say now i can finnaly run apoc on my computer i am soooooooo happy now

Good for you. There's another slightly pricier option that can also be considered. I'm going to do this some day - I've got all the components, just not the spare time.

Buy a second hard drive, a removable hard drive tray and a spare rack for it plus the one that comes with the tray. Leave your XP installation as is, but move the hard drive to one of the racks, and put the other hard drive into the other. Then, when you want to switch to your XP machine, insert the XP rack. Win 98? Take out the XP rack and insert the Win 98 rack. Simple and easy! Of course, there's a lot of stuff in between that needs to be done as well, like switching off the computer first, but hey, there you go. ;)

Basically, you achieve the same thing, and with the racks, you don't have to open up your computer and get tangled with the wires and screws every time you want to switch over. Two completely different systems on the same hardware (or more if you get more racks and hard drives).

Granted, this method requires a bit more physical work than a partition, but there's less software fiddling involved. Also it's only a workable solution if you can afford an extra hard drive, the tray and rack themselves are relatively cheap. Considering the low price of storage these days, it's probably not a bad option.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

wow that is a more expensive way to work it... LOL partitioning i find would be alot easyer of couse you have to have both xp cd's and 98 cd's but if you know someone with a 98 and xp your set. burning is a great way to go hehehe. but nother less you never have yto change harddrive eva never have to worry about anything i partition by hard drive for 15 gig for 98 and 105 gig for xp and if you can do it yourself well you shur save alot.. and the great thing about it is when you load or strt the computer it offers you 2 options to load xp or 98 every time you restart so it's kinda convient. much better then trying to find the right way to run it on xp.. i tell ya going this way will befently save yourself from going bold real fast hahahaha. no offence you everyone that has put up things to get it running on xp.. some great advice up there but partition a hard drive and installing the 2 operating windows will only take you about 4 - 5 hours and you don't even need to be at your computer the whole time..