XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Installed On Xp, But Can't On Win2k

popparix11

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I can't find it if it has. Using all the great advice from this site, I did get the game up and running on a system with XP.

However, I was trying to install it on a system running win2k, and I can't even get the game to install to begin with. During the install, when I select the drive to install to, the program just crashes. I'm sure if I could get past this it'd be smooth sailing. Anybody know how to remedy this?

Thanks

Rix

The only thing that comes to mind is DOSBox. You could try installing it from DOSBox and then running it from Windows, but a number of issues might occur because of that. Still, it's worth a shot.

It's also possible that the system with 2K has problems of its own. Are you sure the system doesn't have any other sort of instability or problems?

You can try this installer I created long ago: http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3118&hl=, but chances are it won't work if your CD label doen't read: "XCOM APOC V1.00 25 June 1997".

edit: reading that thread again, seems like it's the same problem, try his solution.

Edited by j'ordos