XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Over 1500 Members!

stewart

It still amazes me how far we've come and how fast. I started coming to this site in the late summer of 2002. At that time the "forums" consisted of one public thread "My-Xcom" which perhaps had 30-40 replies from guests built up over about 2-years, and a lot less of the other features of this website. Micah put the first version of this forum software on-line in late september 2002. By Feb. 2003 we had 150-200 members. Mid-july we became the largest by-fans-for-fans Xcom community on the net and we've continued to grow. On a personal note the growth since mid-july has been particularly surprising to me.

So I'd just like to take a moment to congratulate Micah on his success. Way to go Mr. Gibson and thanks for bringing us this website.

My ultimate desire and goal in doing all this, even from the very beginning, was to make or help to make an updated version of xcom, and Xenocide is definitely the answer to that. So it's all been worth it...

Good to know my hard-earned McDee's money has gone to a good cause :D

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say WELL DONE!!

I used to prefer medium rare but I tried rare and it's SO much better. Of course I'm at greater risk of getting sick but . . . eh . . . you only live once.

Half or 2/3 of these people are inactive or "OneTimePosters" but it still is a respectable number. Just think about all those people who has gotten help from here to make the game work on todays computers (I'm one of them). This site hasn't only helped a lot of people, it has also brought the game back to life a little. Not to mention awaken the x-com spark to a lot of people I think.

That's why iblis and micah should be proud, not because there's 1500 members..

• 6 months later...
LOL, extralucas somewhere in the middle is funny :)

jep, he IS a member too, right? :)

It took half an hour of copy and pasting :hammer:

Such dedication, mikker! We ought to make you a global mod... well, maybe not :devillaugh:

I support the idea of making mikker a gbm!

btw micah, congrats about this achievement!

jep, he IS a member too, right? :)

It took half an hour of copy and pasting :hammer:

Such dedication, mikker! We ought to make you a global mod ...well, maybe not

I don't have anything ageanst it. :D

Edited by mikker