XCOMUFO & Xenocide

SND - COMPLETED MUSIC - Credits Track V 0.1

Hi!

Sorry I haven't been so active lately but I'm in the middle of a very very important period of my life. I'm studying for the entrance exams of the jazz department of the conservatory of Antwerp. And besides that I've also got my final exams of informatics at college. So, shortly said, no more spare time until July.

I made this one a while ago. Normally I would have added a choir, but, in the end, it never happened due to the time shortage. So, meanwhile I'll upload this version. As always, it's not finished. It's just a concept. One day, when I get a better soundcard and some more time I'll make u guys some more rich sounding orchestral music.

Hope u like it.

Greets,

ATeX

OGG: ATeX - Credits Track v0.1

MP3: ATeX - Credits Track v0.1

EDIT: added mp3 version

Edited by ATeX

it sounds good. Maybe less DJishness (scratching), and the start could get going earlier (unless it takes some time for the credits text to come up). The pause should IMO be equally the timescale for the start of the music to the first text rolling in at the bottom.

I like the rytem. Not too harsh as a credits music, good thing its so quiet (silence after the storm?).

I agree it could use something else. Some generic deep oboe or something (i don't have the programs so i can't handpick it)...If you have Final Fantasy 9 for playstation, the starmusic in the options screen. That kind of music, just deeper and streched out.

I am listen it right now, I like it. However there are certain parts that do ound too fast and unconnected to the whole theme... but it certainly have what is required for a Xenocide Music Track, that is for sure.

Greetings

Red Knight

Could you post a mp3 version?

I like it, good feeling and atmosphere IMO. I don't have any complaints. Nice to hear the piano in the beginning and the end, reminds us what the game is based on :) Good idea! Edited by Puasonen

the music is quite good but i'm not too sure about it being used for Credits. i've heard many Credits musics and i know very well the kind of atmosphere / ambience that they use. your music seems more like something for the Game End Movie (when you beat the aliens) or something. usually Credits have a constant repeated ambience, like you have in the beginning / end of your music.

The music is great!! Good job there Atex!

The music is well balanced having parts of ambiance and sound "extreme", definetly looking good for Xenocide. I think if its for Credits, it definetly is worth it.

Thx for the comments!! :D

I found out today why there was so much latency with the kX Project drivers when I used to many instruments. So, finally, problem fixed!!!! :happybanana:

First thing when I have some spare time is making more tracks for Xenocide :wink:

Oooh, I'm excited, can't wait to start over again!! :wub:

I like it but I think that it could use a little touching up.

I think the drum track is a little too loud in the second half- especially the snare.

Something sounds a little flat in the first half. I think the fading piano is out of tune with the bass and symphony and some of the chords sound a little strange after it's gone.

I like it but I think that it could use a little touching up.

I think the drum track is a little too loud in the second half- especially the snare.

Something sounds a little flat in the first half.  I think the fading piano is out of tune with the bass and symphony and some of the chords sound a little strange after it's gone.

totally agree -_-

reminder: just a concept :wink:

• 1 month later...

Hi, im just listening to this track as i type :)

It's a nice track :)

from after about 10 seconds, the track has quite a lot of emotionally-charged music, and i think its a bit too emotional for just credits...but dont get me wrong..when played loud, and especially as its building up around the 1 min mark, i think it would go quite well as part of an end of mission/game tune as SupSUper said, because this music has quite a lot of parts which sound gratifying/satisfying :)

just my 2 pence :)