XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Eqp File Question

Skaven55

I'm new to Xcomutil (which is wonderful in the parts that I've used so far) and I am just now trying the EQP file - the problem that I'm unsure about is when using the EQP file with the Rename command. I run Xcom through RunXcomW with the autonaming turned on. When I try to have some generic equipment types, like '/stuff' it doesn't connect the equipment when the soldiers show up as 'John Doe:b1/stuff/cw', but it does work when I use the 'John Doe:b1//stuff' syntax. Is there a way to have the EQP file with generic names and still have the renaming work?

Thanks -

Neil

(BTW, I've read through the .txt file a few times already, so I hope I'm not wasting your time... :blink: )

I'm new to Xcomutil (which is wonderful in the parts that I've used so far) and I am just now trying the EQP file - the problem that I'm unsure about is when using the EQP file with the Rename command.  I run Xcom through RunXcomW with the autonaming turned on.  When I try to have some generic equipment types, like '/stuff' it doesn't connect the equipment when the soldiers show up as 'John Doe:b1/stuff/cw', but it does work when I use the 'John Doe:b1//stuff' syntax.  Is there a way to have the EQP file with generic names and still have the renaming work?

Unfortunately, those features are mutually exclusive. You can have automatic renaming, or you can use the EQP file, not both. I have basically abandoned using the EQP file in favor of the AutoEquip feature, since it is much easier to use. However, I left the code for using the EQP file in XcomUtil for people who still felt they had to have it.