XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Video Problems Using Xcomutil

usafsage

When I execute the RunXcomW.bat file for UFO Defense (CE) it doesn't opt to execute the Xcom1fix file which corrects the video problems caused by... I don't know. DirectX or something.

Is there a way to force RunXcomW.bat to run the video-corrected version of XCOM UFO Defense?

when you run xcusetup for the first time you have the option of enabling f0dder's patch when running xcomutil, you should answer yes to that. If you already answered no before, delete the XCOM4WIN.XCF file, then run xcusetup again.

when you run xcusetup for the first time you have the option of enabling f0dder's patch when running xcomutil, you should answer yes to that. If you already answered no before, delete the XCOM4WIN.XCF file, then run xcusetup again.

Awesome! I can run the game now and I can clearly see the improved base layout, but how can I use the utils to modify things like soldier stats, money, base inventories, etc. Can it do that sort of thing?

Thanks for your help, by the way. :) It feels really great to be playing my favorite game of all time again...

Awesome! I can run the game now and I can clearly see the improved base layout, but how can I use the utils to modify things like soldier stats, money, base inventories, etc. Can it do that sort of thing?

XcomUtil does not support that kind of editing. The intent of XcomUtil is to make the game more difficult and make it more interesting. Therefore, soldier stats and base inventories can not be changed. I added the ability to change the money, activity, and funding stats with the MNY, ACT, and FND commands only to allow you to severely handicap the game or to continue to play otherwise lost games. I believe Clark Wehyr's Editor will do what you want.

XcomUtil does not support that kind of editing. The intent of XcomUtil is to make the game more difficult and make it more interesting. Therefore, soldier stats and base inventories can not be changed. I added the ability to change the money, activity, and funding stats with the MNY, ACT, and FND commands only to allow you to severely handicap the game or to continue to play otherwise lost games. I believe Clark Wehyr's Editor will do what you want.

Oh, no. Thats fine too! I just wasn't sure if there were program features I was missing out on. :)

When I get to a mission and I get the DOS prompt that asks me what kind of craft I'm going against, what terrain, what time of day, etc. - after I input that information the game won't continue to progress into the battlescape.

Is there a simple fix to that?

When I get to a mission and I get the DOS prompt that asks me what kind of craft I'm going against, what terrain, what time of day, etc. - after I input that information the game won't continue to progress into the battlescape.

Is there a simple fix to that?

Sometimes the interface to f0dder's loader gets stuck. You can generally continue without problems after pressing Ctrl-C to break out of this state.