I've checked out the code and since I don't have access to VSE C# 2005 nor XNA 1.0 I upgraded the code to XNA 3.0 and VSE C# 2008. I have a working version of the code with some modifications/changes that at least for the short time I've tried it didn't cause any exceptions. I can check it in if I get permissions but the best thing is probably to start a branch for this until it is deceided formally to upgrade.
Major things I've done:
- Created a new Xenocide project and imported all files to the new project. I'm not sure that all properties on all files got correct though but it seems like the compiled program at least finds all files.
- Upgraded the Strings.resx files so that the code is autogenerated. This also meant that I hade to add a new XenocideResourceManager class to handle the possible variable strings. Code has been updated for this.
- The Taharex.imageset in CeGUI.WidgetSet.Taharez have been replaced by the file located in the Xenocide resource folder. I could not get it to take correct file in any other way I tried.
- Saving and loading games is not working anymore since the StorageDevice.BeginShowStorageDeviceGuide function does not exist anymore in XNA 3.0 (it has been moved to another class, but the replacing class needed a bit more code than I currently have the knowledge about how to incorporate)
Since I havn't tried the latest installer I don't know if anything else has been changed when I updated and I think that some of you might have it easier than me to detect any other errors.
So please comment and discuss, especially on how I can provide the code to all of you.