XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Agent Communication

Sporb

Ever had one of those games where all the action happens when your over the other side of the map? i hate it , bugs me real good. ive got an idea , what if the Agents were able to 'communicate' with you?

Heres the guts of the idea:

your on the other side of the map and an enemy walks out , the unit who see's him would initiate some code called ' sees enemy'. the code would print the units name in red at the top of the battlesape screen in red and would say "Soldier1: I can see an enemy" where soldier one is the name of your unit. A similar thing could be added for injuries and no tus. IE "Don Armani: Ive been hit" and if a unit runs out of stamina "Don Armani: i Dont have enough TUS"

It would give you a better understanding of rexcent events.

Wouldn't be too hard I guess. Would certainly be amusing if you had squads that went around, and if one of the soldiers in the squad died, one of the nearby troops shouted "Man Down!" :D

Hey , what a neat addition , that would give more of a reason to have morale , soldiers know when a unit is killed therefore feel sad.

That too. It would give more reason as to why all your troops take a Morale hit when someone goes down. Nothing is worse than hearing one of your teammates shout "Man Down!" over the radio.

Apart from hearing static when you try to contact them. :D

No way , the worst is when the enemy picks up his radio and tells the rest of your men that the guy is dead.

In theory you could even tie units togeather , IE if one unit see's another get killed , the soldier who witnessed it would radio in instead of the dead soldier telling you himself EG - (General lee disturbing gets killed) Phill Mcrackin:General Lee Disturbing is down

Like Exo said :sly:

Edited by Sporb

a complex string of scents and gurgles , followed by arse grabbing and various other gestures including pokes in the eyes and brick hurling.

This is Sci-fi Kratos , use your imagination bro :D

Edited by Sporb

LOL guys

Most of this was in Jagged Alliance and I liked it, too.

You could even make different moods depending on the morale status, from "calm" to "about ot snap".

The voices could be in different languages (also alien), accompanied by explaining text messages.

That's just a feature, though, and there certainly are more important things...

But if it gets implemented, I'll volunteer to do one of the voices. That would be fun. :)

Which would mean making custom sprites. Get over it, Blehm. :P

Violazr; just as long as you don't sound like a 13 year old without a broken voice. :D

Note; the voices would have to be optional to avoid making the filesize too big. And turn-offable. In case some of them were really irritating or whatever.

Edited by Exo2000

theres no reason why voice overs couldnt be added as well as text , that way the voice files could be optional and they could also differe from regular language For example , the sectoids could gurgle instead of speak but the text would decode the language for you.

basically , i think this would make the player feel more involved and would also cure that irritating 'bugger , what happened there' feeling you get when your not looking. makes the game appear more user friendly too

*goes off to post a feature request on mantis*

Edited by Sporb

"Holy Cheese"? Pfft. :P

Silly.

Better, bleep out obvious swears.

"Aw , we just lost !" (The text would have the name, but the voice would just say "another", or "one" if it was the first)

LOL , i never thought of adding expletives. but it could match the morale , if a guys about to go nuts praps he'd radio in somthng like '

Soldier25,000 1/2: Stuff this **** now ******* die **** ****** ********* ******* **** ******** ******* you ******* ************ **** and you , your the ****** ***** **** **** ********* worst of alll you ********