XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Creative Text Department Asset List

GreatGold

The following link takes you to the creative text asset list, which shows all of the texts needed for the game to date. The page has a paragraph explaining what it all means. If you find an entry that has not been assigned and you wish to work on it, double check this forum for a thread about it, remembering there is more than 1 page of threads and an entry might have sat dormant for a while. If you don't see a thread, create a new one and use our current name for the item. Names from the original xcom series are not allowed in the final draft, but if there's no replacement put it in [brackets] as a temporary option.

Once you have created a rough draft, create a new topic in this forum, following previous formats. For the first post, just paste the text into the post, and after making changes based on member input, just edit the original post for convenience. ***When referring to names in the text that haven't been finalized, use [brackets] around the name so we can quickly find it later when changing it to the final name.

Once the text is finished, it should be attached as a rtf file attachment so that word wrap makes it easier to read. :D Thanks! - Breunor

http://www.projectxenocide.com/ctassets/creativetext.html

Edited by Breunor

• 7 months later...

To the best of my knowledge, the asset list is up to date for Feb 27, 2004. I'm trying something new as well, I'm starting to put links for each entry that point to the discussion thread. That way if a text file is not linked yet, the person can jump right to the thread and join the discussion that way.

You'll also note I've removed the member names from the list, the main purpose of that was to know who was working on a text if they had not already posted in a thread. We now require that to happen, so the name isn't needed here. We're all working on all the texts in a group effort.

Due to the evolving nature of these text entries, you'll also note I've removed the green "done" option, in reality it's never done. I don't think that option was appropriate in any case.

As always, if you see something missing or out of date, feel free to PM me so I can update it. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Hey everyone,

I will be filling in for Breunor in the CTD Asset List, the List will be updated when necessary, it will contain all final names we will be using in V1, please check for the names when you're writing a CT. The Breunor link has been changed, please email me any submissions you may want to be added to the Asset List.

The list will be updated to the best of my abilities

Az

CREATIVE TEXT DEPARTMENT ASSET LIST

Edited by Azrael

• 1 month later...

Right! After some review I've changed the format for the asset list a little. It is not completely up to date as yet.. but I'm slaving away on it and aiming to have it practically done by the 14th.

Best regards

-The Rusty one

• 2 weeks later...

OK, The asset list has'nt been updated yet.. I've been having trouble uploading it

I'll find a work around if I have too :LOL:

Anyway.. The main texts that still haven't been started yet are as follows.

[Alien Autopsies]

Spawn

Raptor

Silabrate

[uFO Components]

Alien Surgery

Alien Reproduction

Edited by RustedSoul

• 1 month later...

Azrael, could you update the CTD Asset List please?

I would recommend changing the 'completed' to make it easier for me to see what is going on, and then I can take control of the situation.

How about all those currently marked as completed be marked as 'unproofread'. Then introduce two other categories: 'being proofread' and 'proofread'

That way, we know roughly what is going on. :D

I will be creating threads for your aid. =b

Edited by dipstick

I would recommend changing the 'completed' to make it easier for me to see what is going on, and then I can take control of the situation.

How about all those currently marked as completed be marked as 'unproofread'.  Then introduce two other categories: 'being proofread' and 'proofread'

Sorry, no can do, that's not part of my current duties :)

RustedSoul's organisation is good a is it, I think, but it needs to be updated to reflect the current work of the Proofreading Taskforce.

How about all those currently marked as completed be marked as 'unproofread'.  Then introduce two other categories: 'being proofread' and 'proofread'

Sorry, no can do, that's not part of my current duties :)

RustedSoul's organisation is good a is it, I think, but it needs to be updated to reflect the current work of the Proofreading Taskforce.

Did I not just say that?? Anyhow, I am doing it now :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the List once again, added three new CTs: Alien Base, Alien Terror and Alien Harvest, all of them were not previously in the list and have not been started or even contemplated, so they are there ready for anyone wanting to write.

Enjoy :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the Asset List, January 22, and made many modifications. Final names which have been voted recently have been added and now green texts (finished) can be downloaded from the asset list directly, previously the texts were often outdated, now I'll upload the new texts as they are proofread, so green means completed, proofread and downloadable, other texts may very possibly be outdated.

I'll keep it updated as texts are proofread. As I've made many changes to the code, some links might be broken (hopefully none of them will ;) ), if you try to download a file and it gives an error, PM me so I can fix it, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't see Laser Weapons Systems in the Asset List, but there's a CT thread for it in this forum.

This is research item that precedes the "laser pistol," and the CT would presumably contain the bulk of the details about how lasers work.

• 2 weeks later...
eh..... the scouts that came before terror missions and such. I can't remember if they got a topic for that, but i think that we might as well have. :Coffee:

Yes, in X-Com 2 there was the "Alien Probe Mission", it was also the "Alien Interdiction" in which they patrolled the areas they were interested in with strong subs. :hmmm: I'll ask JakeDrake about which missions are going to be in the AI document.

Astyanax has updated the Asset List.

Added section "Unsorted Documents" which include our X-Corps Organisation Scheme, my Final Entry, Astyanax's Psionic Theory and tzuchan's Backstory. Added threads to the new topics such as Alien Infiltration, added Tech Tree thread. Updated the Proofreading Taskforce's progress, green texts are available for download :)

CTD Asset List

• 3 weeks later...

I took the liberty of designing an asset list "backbone" in the xenocide docs wiki. you can find it here.

...I just thougt that would make life a bit easier, because it is easily changeable, being a wiki. I don't have too much experience with wikis, so I'd be glad if you could look at it and tell me if it's done the correct way :) especially the "internal links"... is there a way to make the link target different from the link name? because if not, there is no way to differentiate between for example the pistol text wiki and the pistol art wiki, as both would probably just be named "http://docs.projectxenocide.com/index.php/pistol"

Impressive, Moriarty. If you want the URL's you can find them in the Asset List html code... but since Azrael is currently translating the Asset List (and/or Tech tree :huh?: ) into XML, I'm not sure where this would fall.

About differentiating names from their URL's, edit the Wiki Sandbox at the very bottom of the Main Page to see how it's done.

I just found out by looking at the code of the main page. simple, really... should have been looking before crying for help :P

I'm updating it right now, and perhaps we can fill it with life over the next few days/weeks/however-long-it-will-take. then again, it's a wiki. it is never finished :)

updated the links to have unique names, starting with "ctd". included links to the corresponding threads... at least for the first fourty or so entries. now I'm stopping for today :)

I did not yet create any new wiki pages for the "finished" ctd entries. I'll start doing that as soon as you say the structure of the subpage-names is alright. and I thought that only those texts should go in there that really are finished. and the files linked by the old asset list appear to be somewhat outdated, at least some of them.

I knew I saw something while I was proofreading the Wiki: http://docs.projectxenocide.com/index.php/...mentation:About

There is a line that says, "No recruit should modify this site."

This is just so you know, Moriarty. You've been doing a fine job, so I'm sure the higher-ups will overlook it. :P I know for a fact that that dipstick is very happy about your work on the wiki. :)

Edited by Astyanax

Guest Azrael
:sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:

well, I thought that as long as I don't delete anything, it can't be too bad.  :blush1:

uh...now that I've started it, may I continue with it?

Please do, I was thinking of doing what you are now, but my time table wouldn't allow it, especially now with the XML tech tree.

I included all the links to the threads - except for the two or three that don't seem to have any thread yet.

I would start creating pages for the finished texts, but I have trouble finding out which texts are in what stage of completion. the "old" asset list is no real help, a lot of the linked rtf files are obviously outdated, and some don't even exist (or the links are broken... there are no text files for the XCAPs, but dipstick assured me they exist).

I know that dipstick is currently working on an excel file to list the status of each text. I'm just wondering: is there any text that is considered "absolutely finished"? I mean, finished, proofread, and not likely to change? :blink:

Guest Azrael
I included all the links to the threads - except for the two or three that don't seem to have any thread yet.

I would start creating pages for the finished texts, but I have trouble finding out which texts are in what stage of completion. the "old" asset list is no real help, a lot of the linked rtf files are obviously outdated, and some don't even exist (or the links are broken... there are no text files for the XCAPs, but dipstick assured me they exist).

I know that dipstick is currently working on an excel file to list the status of each text. I'm just wondering: is there any text that is considered "absolutely finished"? I mean, finished, proofread, and not likely to change?  :blink:

No. If you want to track any texts, ask me, I do know where all (or nearly all) of them are.

I know that dipstick is currently working on an excel file to list the status of each text. I'm just wondering: is there any text that is considered "absolutely finished"? I mean, finished, proofread, and not likely to change?  :blink:

If you're trying to update the page

then, congratulations to you, this page really needs it. And indeed, some texts don't seem to be there :(

Guest Azrael

If you're trying to update the page

then, congratulations to you, this page really needs it. And indeed, some texts don't seem to be there :(

The page is not that outdated you can track all texts to their threads, except the XCAPS which are stored in CTASSETS and will look into them later, the page is still useful.

Edited by Azrael

:) yes, the page is useful. I just thought that a wiki version of the page might be even more useful, because it can be easily updated.

if you tell me what you want on the wiki asset list, I'll try to make it. :Hyper: I just have too much energy.

there are no text files for the XCAPs, but dipstick assured me they exist).

I did? My mind isn't that bad - it can't be!! But I don't remember you asking me about that one...

Atm, there are NO texts signed off by Phase Two, and after that its translation, so it will be a task to do this, but I feel it needs doing.

Additionally, I think that the Asset List should be transferred to wiki as much as possible, but the two lists should be done in parallel, so could you both do what you can please?

I have started re-checking all the links to the threads, and tracing them to the forum they are in. Added "being written" or "being proofed", depending on where I found them. Some links were outdated, and some issues have arisen during checking, which I noted in green color. perhaps you want to take a look.

:)

now back to learning for my exam tomorrow...

Um, didn't I already mention that despite being a bit out-of-date, the XCAPS CTs do exist? :huh?: If you wanted to know where they were, you should've asked in the first place. :P Go to the HTML CTD Asset List directory here, the XCAPS texts are there. At the moment, our priorities lie elsewhere, but I'm sure the XCAPS CTs will be addressed fairly soon.

By the way, I have absolutely no problems with your Wiki Asset List. Please continue. :P

And good luck on your exam. :)

Edited by Astyanax