XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xnet Pda

stewart

I agree on Battlescape, but on Basescape? the player can read the regular xnet there. Maybe make the battlescape PDA to be available on all scapes? (base,planet,battle)

I think we should flesh out the PDA version first then look into making a JAVA version that would run on the website (eventually with a C++ one being incorporated into the game) to generate interest.

I think we should flesh out the PDA version first then look into making a JAVA version that would run on the website (eventually with a C++ one being incorporated into the game) to generate interest.

Agree, a java version for the site would be nice :)

I agree on Battlescape, but on Basescape? the player can read the regular xnet there. Maybe make the battlescape PDA to be available on all scapes? (base,planet,battle)

IIRC basecape is just the base build/management screen. I was thinking the PDA would contain the consise info needed for that and be less distracting.

Ok, should we limit the viewable topics depending on which scape the player is in? i.e. only available topics for PDA on Basescape are Buildings, only available topics for PDA on Battlescape are Aliens/Weapons/XCAPs/etc

Ok, should we limit the viewable topics depending on which scape the player is in? i.e. only available topics for PDA on Basescape are Buildings, only available topics for PDA on Battlescape are Aliens/Weapons/XCAPs/etc

No, why? Maybe the player want's to check, how much room in the storage an item takes.

No, why? Maybe the player want's to check, how much room in the storage an item takes.

But Aliens and all as well?

Just as a note, I'm not against having it all available at all times, just trying to define what exactly do we want :)

But Aliens and all as well?

Just as a note, I'm not against having it all available at all times, just trying to define what exactly do we want :)

Well, no. aliens not on the basescape. But on the geoscape, pardon: Planetview.. ;)

I figure in battlescape because US soldier do carry these things and in basescape because architects and managers carry them too, but not geoscape since the full internet simulation will be there.

BTW it'd be cool to have solitare on the PDA too :D

I figure in battlescape because US soldier do carry these things and in basescape because architects and managers carry them too, but not geoscape since the full internet simulation will be there.

BTW it'd be cool to have solitare on the PDA too  :D

Would certainly be a nice extra, perhaps not too hard to code, too :)

BTW it'd be cool to have solitare on the PDA too  :D

Yea. Might be a good idea. But won't you get lost, if you try to find sth. quick?

(well, and solitare is a MUST ;) )

We can have a search engine that generates "hits". Since we have control of EVERYTHING we have the oportunity to cheat in the way a real search engine cant.

We can have a search engine that generates "hits".  Since we have control of EVERYTHING we have the oportunity to cheat in the way a real search engine cant.

Hm. might be getting too complex. But I don't know 'bout that. Nevertheless, a good idea. :)

Do we really need a separate battlefield PDA? Wouldn't it be easier to let the player check everything from a laptop, thereby getting access to the entire xnet?

Oh yeah, some minigames would be cool :)

No, Laptop might be too bulky. Plus, the normal XNet entries are way to long and complicated for the battlefield. There you need short facts, not techno bable 'bout how the plasma rifle works. You just wanne know how big the hole are it leaves...

Do we really need a separate battlefield PDA? Wouldn't it be easier to let the player check everything from a laptop, thereby getting access to the entire xnet?

Oh yeah, some minigames would be cool :)

No, Laptop might be too bulky. Plus, the normal XNet entries are way to long and complicated for the battlefield. There you need short facts, not techno bable 'bout how the plasma rifle works. You just wanne know how big the hole are it leaves...

Exactly, maybe like an in-game strategy guide? we could integrate strategy tactics that would normally be on the manual, allowing the player to check them inside the game, on the battlescape (once we do have strategies to write, of course)

• 2 weeks later...