XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ufo2000?

colgan35

hi all,don't know much about this but heard it supports the mac,sounds like great fun,any advice on what i would need to set my mac up.much appreciated.

Nobody has ever tried to compile and run ufo2000 on mac (and ufo2000 developers can't test it on mac). You will be the first :) It is quite possible that it will just not work (because of big/little endian problems), but we will try to fix them if there is interest.

Please try it and report any results no matter success or failure.

If you are a programmer, probably you can help in porting the game to mac?

By the way, is there any mac emulator for i386? Maybe it could also be useful.

Sorry guys,although i have been playing the 1st 2 versions for some years now it has been on the p station 1 and now 2.I'm still a cretin when it comes to the mac never mind anything to do with progamming! Single finger typing king! Keep up your fantastic work though! A wonderful website devoted to my favourte game.Peace

Note:from a tech point of view i tried to download some of the stuff needed to play ufo200 and found the whole thing frustating although it does say there is support for macosx.Maybe there is someone out there with a brain like a planet who understands!I'd rather take a chance against 13 chrysalids with only one heavy plasma! Edited by colgan35

Note:from a tech point of view i tried to download some of the stuff needed to play ufo200 and found the whole thing frustating although it does say there is support for macosx.Maybe there is someone out there with a brain like a planet who understands!I'd rather take a chance  against 13 chrysalids with only one heavy plasma!

Well, let's wait for someone to make mac port of ufo2000.

I don't think it is a very complicated task, the game compiles fine on Linux and FreeBSD and AFAIK MacOS X is based on FreeBSD. The game depends on some libraries, but they all have support for MacOS X. The only thing to do is to find and fix all the big/little problems in the game code. I could have done this work myself if I had mac.

Edited by Serge