XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Disable Double Scale In Default

vozice_09

i prefer to switch between both mid game. Zoom in during my turn, and zoom out for when I want to oversee the battlescape.

I don't remember what the default resolution is after an install (since i always copy over my .ini files immediately), but it certainly would be handy to have menu choices in the options for new players to switch settings, as many people tend not to edit, or even know that they need to edit their config files if they want alternate resolutions to play in.

i agree, Scale 2X should be and option, not a default. Also, the default resolutions should be 1440X960. Or we could simply have an option in the menu that allows you to change teh screen size from inside the game? Edited by Sporb

I don't remember what the default resolution is after an install (since i always copy over my .ini files immediately), but it certainly would be handy to have menu choices in the options for new players to switch settings, as many people tend not to edit, or even know that they need to edit their config files if they want alternate resolutions to play in.

Resolution default use to be 640x480 when the game came out as version 0.6.627. Now it is 800x600, and ever since the change, my eyes bleed because I can't see very much, and my vision is 20/15 mind you! Note that the original XCOM use to be as small as 320x240. I doubt the original authors of XCOM designed such graphics to be used at much higher resolutions. You won't be able to see them.

Yes, computer illiterates need a way to make things easier for them, but that's another topic. :)

Also, the default resolutions should be 1440X960.

*sigh* Now you make me wish I didn't say anything :innocent:

Let's just leave it at 800x600 as default, I refuse to make my LCD go past 1024x768 (and I doubt I'm the only one). 800x600 is the max it will go in UFO2000 on that resolution, for me anyway. Besides, 800x600 is more universal than 640x480 or 1440x960. Now that I think of it, that's probably why the resolution was increased. Let's keep it at a universal level, not a "wanted" level. I apologize for bringing this up. :(

Just tweak the following code in your .ini file if you want your own settings:

screen_x_res = 640
screen_y_res = 480

This topic issue is 2x scale anyway, and all of us apparently agree on removing it as default.

Edited by Kratos

I always use the keypad * to zoom in and out. It's great!

I have to play windowed since fullscreen doesn't work, I use 1280x960, works fine (desktop is at 1600x1200). I have to edit the .ini manually after first start since fullscreen doesn't work (and many other seem to have that too). Would it be impossible to have it start in window by default? Then 640x is too tiny though... hard choices!

The fonts are too tiny, hard to see how many TU:s are left, and large fonts are buggy so they don't help either...

I always use the keypad * to zoom in and out. It's great!

I have to play windowed since fullscreen doesn't work, I use 1280x960, works fine (desktop is at 1600x1200). I have to edit the .ini manually after first start since fullscreen doesn't work (and many other seem to have that too). Would it be impossible to have it start in window by default? Then 640x is too tiny though... hard choices!

You can do this manually, no need to force everybody to a minimized screen when not everybody has the same problem. Placing these flags in the game's options menu wouldn't hurt though.

F_FULLSCREEN = 0
console_font_size = 12

The fonts are too tiny, hard to see how many TU:s are left, and large fonts are buggy so they don't help either...

I don't really know what to tell you, except play the game as it was designed, 640x480, 800x600, or whatever works. Resolutions cause many unsolvable problems. I'm not sure if it is even possible to adapt to your resolution like that.