XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Forum Members In X-com: The General Stores

Items requested:
- 1 laser rifle (may have fire mode switch stuck in the 'auto' mode :wink: )
- 1 grenade
- 1 flare
- depending on strength/fancy of the commander, an extra flare/grenade/medikit

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

another thing's wrong: there is only one hovertank/plasma. at first i miscalculated and thought there was space for 2 hovertanks, but 7+2*4=15; 15>14, so i had to remove one hoveretank so that 7+1*4=11; 11<14. in other words, remove one of the hovertanks :P
oh, and add ATeX Edited by SupSuper

• 2 weeks later...
Equipment change request:

Put away:
- Laser pistol

Add:
- 3 normal sized grenades (alien or normal)

That's not to say I don't want the laser pistol. I still want one, but I'll get it back later. It just seems that every time I pull out my ranged weapon, I end up maimed. I think I'll concentrate on my throwing arm for a bit and let the others - who are far more capable than I - deal the more direct attacks. ;)

- NKF

more fixes:
Heavy Plasma is in the labs - Heavy Plasma Clip and UFO Construction have been researched, thus we have New Fighter Craft in research list.
add fabre (stun rod, grenades) and Gyrfalcon (plasma rifle).
ummm... when are you gonna put up soldier's ranks? i have PMed you with their ranks long ago.
edit: we now have 35 engineers, not 33 (i like round numbers :P )
edit2: you added one too many slots in skyranger-3. count them and you'll see ;) Edited by SupSuper

Okay, I've done an update, after a week of doing nothing. And may Skyranger-2 rest in pieces. :)

7 grenades is alot, NKF. You probably won't be able toget them all.

7 x 3 = 21

I'll need a minimum of 21 strength to carry just the grenades and not suffer a TU penalty. Toss in that high explosive I have in my kit, which weighs 6 units, that means I need a 27 strength minimum. Besides, I've put away my laser pistol, which is 7 units. I'm only really adding an extra 2 points of weight onto myself.

Or if you mean there's insufficient space, well, that's easy enough to solve. Swap out four of my grenades for two high explosives. We can always do with more high explosives in the field. :)

- NKF

What I'd like for now:

Plasma Rifle + clip
Personal Armor (or Power Armor if you'll give me some!)
one alien 'nade, one proximity grenade.
and if you think I'll get close enough, I'll carry a stun rod, but I'm more likely to shoot then stun. ;)

what I wish for!
Heavy plasma! (kindly noted as reserved. :))
Flight Armor! Those damn floaters think they're the only ones at level 3 outside, well no, I'm flying right at you! Hahahahahaha! *coughs and gets off power trip*
another proxy or alien 'nade. I like to chuck them through doors after the aliens shoot the scout. ;P

And if ever need someone to do it, I'll take a blaster bomb launcher so long as I get to use it. ;)

Whoot, thanks! *sits on the bench and warms it as he endlessly cleans and tweaks his plasma rifle*

I'd like to change my equipment:
Rocket launcher+3 HiEx rockets
Stun Rod
Power suit or Flying suit.

Also, I've improved* the layout of the first post. If there's something I could do to make it better, please tell me.

*I think it's better, at least. :rolleyes:

alright, just pointed down all the latest equipment changes, will take effect next mission (this includes you Robo Dojo you still have a heavy cannon this mission :P ). seems many people are swapping their heavy weapons for rifles. better safe than sorry i guess ;)
btw, the Skyranger has 4 free slots (not 3) and they're occupied by the placeholder Hovertank / Plasma.
also, i noticed you don't have red knight's equipment. however i have pointed down that he requested a Rocket Launcher with Large Rockets and a Medikit. and Gyrfalcon now has a Heavy Plasma since they're now available.
hmmm... like the new design :) i would do such a thing to the other threads too but i'm not too keen on size tags, and they don't need them as much as this one. Edited by SupSuper

Mikker: Sorry I was late catching your edit. Could you make a new post when you want to change your stuff? Thanks.

Oh, and 14 items?! You are so greedy, Mikker. Don't expect to get half of them, because the skyranger can only hold 80 things. :rolleyes:

Okay. Thank's to SupSuper's list, I finally got the ranking list up. My condolences go out to SKY-3, who's first mission was a nighttime Etherial Terror mission. You can't get much worse than that. :naughty:

I'll experiment with different ways of showing the soldier's stats, but for now, enjoy!

When I arrive I'd like to get this equipment:
-Power Armour
-Laser Rifle (or, if it totally doesn't work, or it's to much problem then I'll have to accept Plasma one)
-Stun Rod
-Medikit
-Motion Scanner (As soon as we research 'em, and if Commander knows how to use 'em. ;))

[quote name='Robo Dojo 58' date='Feb 29 2004, 05:36 PM'][b]Ranking System:[/b][i]Thankfully done by SupSuper. You da man![/i]
(_)----Rookie
(_._)---Squaddie
(_:._)--Sargent
(_.:._)-Captain
(_::_)--Colonel
(_*_)--Commander (Tommy is the only commander!)

[u][b]Skyranger 3 Equipment list:[/b][/u] Will compile body list at end of terror mission. But, for now, ranks. :)

Adgam Bloodyheart............(_:._)- Default
Mamutas 2............[A:1]......(_)...- Autocannon+AC-HE; 1 AC-AP for small areas; 1 grenade
Trevelyan...........................(_)...- Laser Rifle; 2 grenades; 2 flares; Power Suit.
Sir Crashalot.....................(_._)..- Plasma Rifle+Clip
Kamikazee 2..........[S:1]......(_)...- Dual HiEx; many more explosives. A walking bomb. :)
Waywreth.........................(_:._).- Default
Centurion............................(_)...- Laser Rifle; 1 grenade; 1 flare
Atex...................................(_)...- Default
Fabre..................................(_)...- Stun rod; medkit; Flare; Smoke; Scanner; Power Armour. (nothing lethal)
Gyrfalcon.............................(_)...- Heavy Plasma+clip; 1 grenade; 1 proxy; 1 stun rod.
Slot 11.......................................- Plasma Hovertank
Slot 12.......................................- ~~~~~~~~~~
Slot 13.......................................- ~~~~~~~~~~
Slot 14.......................................- ~~~~~~~~~~[/quote]
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/cydonia/sergeant.gif[/img] Adgam Bloodyheart............- Default
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/cydonia/rookie.gif[/img] Mamutas 2............[A:1].........- Autocannon+AC-HE; 1 AC-AP for small areas; 1 grenade
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/cydonia/rookie.gif[/img] Trevelyan..............................- Laser Rifle; 2 grenades; 2 flares; Power Suit.
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/cydonia/squaddie.gif[/img] Sir Crashalot.......................- Plasma Rifle+Clip
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/cydonia/rookie.gif[/img] Kamikazee 2..........[S:1].........- Dual HiEx; many more explosives. A walking bomb. :)
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/cydonia/sergeant.gif[/img] Waywreth..........................- Default
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/cydonia/rookie.gif[/img] Centurion...............................- Laser Rifle; 1 grenade; 1 flare
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/cydonia/rookie.gif[/img] Atex......................................- Default
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/cydonia/rookie.gif[/img] Fabre.....................................- Stun rod; medkit; Flare; Smoke; Scanner; Power Armour. (nothing lethal)
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/cydonia/rookie.gif[/img] Gyrfalcon................................- Heavy Plasma+clip; 1 grenade; 1 proxy; 1 stun rod.
Slot 11.......................................- Plasma Hovertank
Slot 12.......................................- ~~~~~~~~~~
Slot 13.......................................- ~~~~~~~~~~
Slot 14.......................................- ~~~~~~~~~~

[quote name='Extralucas' date='Apr 18 2004, 08:22 PM']Unfortunately, it seems forum doesn't allow you to post more than 10 images.[/quote]
anyone care to ask Micah to turn the rank images into emoticons? :P

I guess I'll have to make those 10 pics count, then. Only the highest ranking officers will get rank pics, for now.

I've PMed facehugger about getting a few icons of the weapons. When he gets those, I'll see if Micah can make them emoticons, as well.

I added the emoticons. You can either find them on the "Show All" emoticon link, or type them manually as:

:x1commander: : x1commander : (without the spaces)
:x1colonel: : x1colonel :
:x1rookie: : x1rookie :
:x1sergeant: : x1sergeant :
:x1lieutenant: : x1lieutenant :
:x1squaddie: : x1squaddie :

I also increased the image count limit to 20 until people start abusing it. Also, the emoticon limit was and is 50.

Thanks Micah. I've put the pics up now. It appears I've already hit my emoticon limit... I guess If I'm going to have weapon pics, I'll need a new thread with several first posts. No biggie. :happybanana:

Unless, I could have a few first posts tacked on here... I'll ask when I need them, if it's okay. Edited by Robo Dojo 58

I'm thinking that Sup likes to get me killed with my rocked launcher.... <_<

I better off with a heavy plasma..........please ^_^ ?

[quote name='Gene$|s' date='Apr 20 2004, 08:51 PM']Since i'm colonel now I should behave more accordingly :P So lose the volunteered human shield, heavy plasma and a few flares should do.  :naughty:[/quote]
i think you still have a laser pistol in this mission. luckily there are some leftover heavy plasmas + clips (wounded guys) so i can fix that :)

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed I still have a plasma rifle. may I be upgraded to heavy plasma?

okay, here we go:

Flying suit
1 Heavy Plasma with 3 clips (includind one in the rifle)
3 alien grenades
1 smoke grenade
1 Medikit Edited by Arky

Okay, I got you all in.

I've added even more stuff to the first post. I'm trying to make it easier for new people to join in. Check it out, and tell me what you think of it. :)

:unsure: Well i don't know i the weapons but here what i like the best pistols avaible with clips mabye5 for each and one rifle with clips 5

Might I recommend the laser pistol or laser rifle instead? That's just one item, and it's still useful against everything but sectopods. Anything heavier can be grabbed in the battlefield when you need it.

I like the standard pistols too, but I feel they would be a little impractical for what we've been facing lately. (that goes for the rifles too)

Speaking of which, I must rearm myself -- later. :)

- NKF

For those of you that are concerned about me being up to date: I keep a log at the top of the post. Just check the date and time there, so you know if there's anything new or not. I don't really have a schedule of when to update it, but every few days should be good enough.

im gonna be the team player and ask for a laser rifle only and two medpacks.

call me a purist but I prefer the simple human technology thank you very much.
:laser:

EDIT: Yes I [i]really really, really do want one[/i] Edited by MagicAndy